Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
You too? I wonder if it was the same girl. ???

You still driving that old, out of date, 2014? C'mon guy, grab a 2020 and join the In Crowd.

:cool:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I guess that I’m in the minor here too. I have a new 2020 EX Eco and have gotten used to ISG. I like it. I’ve found though that just shifting your foot ligently while stoped will cause the engine to restart. Also if the defrostEr is working ISG will not function.

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,243 Posts
You too? I wonder if it was the same girl. ???

You still driving that old, out of date, 2014? C'mon guy, grab a 2020 and join the In Crowd.

Man I would grab a 2020 (stick shift) if they hadn't decontented it so badly. Its not the same vehicle.

If it had the Car Bits listed in my signature line, I'd be all over it.

My 2014 Base has features the higher end Gen3's have or missing altogether across the line up.

I'm secretly holding out that they introduce a 2021 GTI Turbo Soul with stick (say what now?). They just did it in the new Forte GTI. Has upscale features too. They are finally getting the message that stick shift drivers don't necessarily want a Base Depression Era ride.

Kudos to Genesis for realizing that too!

Hope you're having a relaxing afternoon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There are some here who don’t like the Start--Stop feature. This is the first car I’ve owned that has it. I picked up a 2020 EX eco 5 March and have put about 400 miles on it. My average mpg is about 34-35 mpg. The start—stop doesn’t bother me at all. In fact, it’s growing on me. There’s some here who say it really save gas. You may find this interestin.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Our Soul has about 5700 miles. The ISG has started to malfunction: not activating at stops, showing a solid yellow light on the dashboard, and an illuminated ISG-Off button. The owners manual states that the yellow light should flash for 5 seconds before staying on; it's not flashing. But Kia Tech Support said a solid yellow light DID mean a malfunction. The dealer found no problem, and claims that what I'm seeing means the conditions for the ISG to operate haven't been met. However, the owner's manual says that would generate a message to that effect on the LCD display. So, Kia, the manual, and the dealer are offering different opinions. I actually don't like ISG, and disable it when I use the Soul, but my wife likes the feature, plus it just bugs me that there's another electronic malfunction for this new vehicle (it's been in twice for software updates to correct radio, Bluetooth, and power steering problems).

Has anyone else had a problem with Idle Stop-and-Go?
I stopped on a hill, when I tried to go the engine started then died instantly causing me to roll backward. Now I turn it off as soon as I start the engine

·
Registered
6 Posts
I stopped on a hill, when I tried to go the engine started then died instantly causing me to roll backward. Now I turn it off as soon as I start the engine
Had a similar experience. Foot off the brake, and a stall. Can’t duplicate, but definitely a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
My 2020 GT-Line is a year old now and I have not had a single problem with idle stop and go, it has worked flawlessly, I still don't understand the animus against it, or the other so called nannies for that matter. The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was the lane keep assist.
I have read that if all cars were equipped with the so called nannies that it would save 11,000 lives a year in the US.

Pat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2020 GT-Line is a year old now and I have not had a single problem with idle stop and go, it has worked flawlessly, I still don't understand the animus against it, or the other so called nannies for that matter. The only thing that took a bit of getting used to was the lane keep assist.
I have read that if all cars were equipped with the so called nannies that it would save 11,000 lives a year in the US.

Pat.
Animus? The vehicle stalled during the ISG operation...in traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Animus? Is that anything like "I hate that damn thing!" ?
I just permanently disabled the ISG on my car, and I've not looked back. Now it drives like a real car.

·
Registered
2020 EX Premium; 2010 4uSX
150 Posts
First week of ownership, about 500 km driven, my ISG didn't work for a whole day.
This might be because I've been playing with the infotainment unit with the engine off, and it drained the battery a little. I was also only driving local streets.

Then yesterday, I drove on the highway and the ISG started working afterward.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
OH, it started working? You have my sympathy! :ROFLMAO:

I have mine permanently disabled, and my life if so much simpler.

·
Registered
2020 EX Premium; 2010 4uSX
150 Posts
OH, it started working? You have my sympathy! :ROFLMAO:

I have mine permanently disabled, and my life if so much simpler.

Hahaha. The one good thing about it is that it is a quieter background to listen to my music.
I've never had ISG before, so the novelty is still here.

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
783 Posts
Hahaha. The one good thing about it is that it is a quieter background to listen to my music.
I've never had ISG before, so the novelty is still here.
The ISG has Conditions to be met before it will operate.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts