Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
The oil light is a low oil pressure light. It’s not a low oil level light. It only comes on when you have low oil pressure and you don’t want that.

Once this is sorted and you (hopefully) have a new engine, it would be a good idea to start checking your oil with the dip stick at least once a month. Check it on a warm engine that has been turned off for about 5 mins to allow oil to drain back into the oil pan. I check mine after I pump fuel.
Thank you so much for the clarification. It makes sense now! And yes I will make sure to check it at least once a month.

·
Registered
2014 1.6l manual
302 Posts
...I check mine after I pump fuel.
Way too busy at the gas station I use for one to take time to check oil. So I check it at home.

Due to the oil loss threads I've read on here, I regularly (and frequently) check my oil level. For over a year and half now I have checked the oil level about once a week (usually on Sunday).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Way too busy at the gas station I use for one to take time to check oil. So I check it at home.

Due to the oil loss threads I've read on here, I regularly (and frequently) check my oil level. For over a year and half now I have checked the oil level about once a week (usually on Sunday).
(y)Yes, just after church...maybe, before:unsure:

61 - 67 of 67 Posts