Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Mine has the mid at 0, treble at +2, and bass below 0 depending on the music. I have an aftermarket sub and amp which lets me avoid pushing the UVO speakers so hard. I wouldn't crank the treble because I'm scared I might pop the tweeters at higher volumes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I cut the mids as low as they would go (seems to cut that center speaker and push the soundstage back towards the middle of the car), the bass at -2 or -3, and the treble at +2. Setting the bass any higher than that sounded a bit "boomy" to me. I agree that a slightly more advanced EQ would be nice; at least one that separated the bass and subwoofer control. My '07 Civic had that adjustment and it helped balance the sound quite a bit, allowing you to add power to the subwoofer while cutting bass to the other speakers. Overall though, the Infinity UVO system is one of the best factory stereos I've heard in a while, beating out even more expensive rigs like my mother-in-law's ELS surround system in her Acura.

·
Registered
597 Posts
It's a great system. Since it has a sub already, it seems like it should have a sub level control.
Again, I don't wanna gripe though cause it does a ton of other stuff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I'm gonna experiment tomorrow and see how it sounds. I like scooped guitar sounds, so ill try your mid-cut setting and see what I get. I just didn't want it to bury the guitars by scooping out more mids. It's worth checking out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts