Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone! I just picked up my new 2013 Soul+ last night!

I look forward to reading what mod some of you have done to yours. The Soul is intended to be my daily driver and trip vehicle. I also have a 2006 Pontiac Solstice and a 2006 Hummer H3, neither of which are pratical for vacations.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
nice, and welcome. Add + to your DRIVES description for future conversations - thanks :D

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice, and welcome. Add + to your DRIVES description for future conversations - thanks :D
Thanks for the tip. I need to learn all the features in this forum. Going to take a while since I am still quite active as a chapter leader for another automotive forum.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
Howdy and welcome! :)

Reactions: cbetts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Finally got the garage cleared out so I can park all the vehicles inside.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was a great find. The houses in my neighborhood were built in 1920s to house employees at what is now the Exxon/Mobil refinery. I happen to live in the alley were the owner built a four car garage with a two bedroom aprtment above. I rent the apartment and get three spaces sice the house out front already has a driveway. It was also tall enough to accomidate my Hummer which now sits at 6'-10".

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Well, since you did ask...... Except for the neat looking wheels, your Soul looks pretty much like mine. But for a minimum of expense, you can paint your brake calipers RED. Duplicolor makes a very nice High Temp Caliper paint. I used it on my SX4. By all means get all windows Tinted! Keeping the sun out = keeping the HEAT out! That's a awful lot of White! Breaking it up with a little accent stripe down the side can really make it POP! Mine came with two little black stripes, but I pulled them off and replaced them with one 1/4" RED stripe. Finally, protect the Nose with some kind of Nose Gard. (Hood Deflector) I got the one from Kia, Part #2K024-ADU00, for $80.75 The Rocker Panels (beneath the doors) on the Soul, are coated with something like Bed Liner to prevent paint chipping. On a White Soul, the coating is white, but since it's textured, it's almost impossible to keep clean. So I repainted mine with "Duplicolor BLACK Bed Liner" from a Spray Can.

It makes those dirty Rocker Panels seem to disappear.

I had just repainted my steelies and lug nuts, in this picture.
Cheers, and Happy Motoring! :cool:

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yours looks great! Bed liner is the greatest stuff. I am toying with the idea of using black plasti-dip for the logos. I like the black on white look.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Black on White is the natural color combo for a White car.
But even that can get old pretty quick, that's why a little splash of RED can really set the car off.
I've had lots of compliments on mine. I would paint my brake calipers red too, except that they are almost invisible behind those black steel wheels.

Cheers Mate! AS you work with your car, take lots of pictures.
TM :cool:

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers Mate! AS you work with your car, take lots of pictures.
TM :cool:
I am quite the show off when I perform tasks on the car. Speaking of which . . . where is a good spot on the forum for a personal build thread? Most car forums have a dedicated section.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts