Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I've been lurking for a few months, since I purchased my +! Dragon Black with black 18"s. And I decided I'm not going to put my old sub and amp in due to not wanting to lose the whole storage space. I was told by a guy at autozone that a 10 can fit in the factory woofers space. Have any of you done an upgrade and as well amped the woofer? Thanks in advance, Drago

I'll put up some picks when I finally get the car clean for more than a day or 2.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That guy couldn't have been more wrong. It is a stock 8" sub. Aftermarket 8" subs will require you to cut out that opening a little bit. Go back and tell that guy he's dumb!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should have mentioned he did mention some augmentation to the existing hole. But I wouldn't mind as long as the panel still fits. I am going to have to do some research and likely take the panel off and figure out if it has plenty of depth and such.

·
Registered
479 Posts
There isn't a whole lot of depth. You would have to do a lot of cutting to get a 10" in there. And probably modify the panel too. I would try to find a shallow mount 8" or just put it under the cargo try, next to the spare tires. That's where I have mine

·
Registered
109 Posts
The stock sub is 8" but in reality it is only 6". To fit a 8" sub you would have to cut the hole to make it bigger. The sub would also have to be a shallow mount like earthquake sws or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts