Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
As some of you may know I moved to Switzerland and took my Soul with me.

unfortunately, I had an accident and damaged the left hand head light and fender.
I have been able to replace the fender, but and the head light ( had to change both because they are US version).
the head light available here are the European one and the do not work the same as US one.
that means the the blinker and parking light are separate and have different bulbs.
the high beam and low beam functioning correct and I managed to get the blinker ruining.
In order to get the parking lights to run, I need the wiring diagram for the head light assembly.
I just wondered if any of you could help me with that.
I should also mention the the sockets for US head light have 8 poles and the Europeans have 9.

any feed back would highly appreciated.

have Great weekend,

Samster

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hello Samster . have you the updated 2012 0r an old model sold in 2012. Has it 6 speed box.
My headlights have LED flashers and side lights strips and has 10 pin plug. separate high beam and low beams.
The lights you are describing are the old style and will need older style wiring diagram.
If you have to buy two new units you may be better upgrading.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You may be in wrong forum Imthebriman1 along with others gen 2 posts. Who cares one family.

Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Jeff,
My soul has the 6 speed A/T transmission and separate low and high beam.
but I do not have the LED flasher side lights.
The connection from the lights have only 8 pins wired to it.
I can't follow exactly what you mean by upgrade.
Thanks for your answer and have a great day,

Samster

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hi it sounds like they are trying to sell you the old style head lamp with only one dipping bulb hence less connections. Some suppliers do not have Kia updates on changes .
The headlights for 2012-2013 models should have separate headlight bulbs in own units and indicator and side lights along base both LCD .
The plugs are 4 pins in middle and 3 each side.
If the Us kept old halogen parking light and flasher you will be able to upgrade to European LCD by changing plugs as well . Or it may be safer to order matching US headlight. The reflector/Lighting laws will be good enough. It is only UK.old head lamps that have to be changed the two unit types can be set .for any countries .
Hope this helps get you back on the road.

Jeff

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for the Help.
I did buy the European head light with 2 separate high and low beam bulbs ( is similar yo what I had except the blinker) .
the only difference between the European (9pin plug) and the US (8pin) is the the US one has the blinker and parking in one and is amber.
they US one also has the side marker amber and has a bulb, which the European is white and has no side marker bulb.

the ones I have bought, they have the blinker bulb and the parking light Separate.

I have no other choice than rewire the parking light.
this why I though the US guys may be able to help me with the wiring diagram, so I can reposition the pins.
Best regards,
Samster

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Hi I have looked through my pirate of a manual for US Souls and no full wiring diagrams or plugs.
The only way I can suggest you do it is to get a plugs that fit your new head lights then using a wire to the battery test to find the positions for each lamp then transfer corresponding wires. You will have to determine the earth first.
The plugs take wires easily
Sorry I could not be any more help.

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts