Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am installing an aftermarket Pioneer radio and have been having some trouble determining which wire harness and steering wheel control unit to get. I have the regular 5" radio in the 2017+ Soul, it doesn't have the upgraded UVO/Android Auto radio, but it still has the basic touch screen.

In terms of wire harness, I have found these two Metra harnesses (sorry I don't have enough posts to be able to provide the links):

• Hyundai/Kia (w/o NAV, with Display radio) 2017-up Harness - #70-7306 (it says Display radio means radios with Android Auto/Carplay, which I don't have)
  • Hyundai/Kia Wiring Harness (with Base radio) 2017-up - #70-7307 (it says this is the non-touchscreen radio, but the 2017+ is still a touch screen)
My question is, it sounds like neither of these describe the 5" radio in the 2017+ Kia Soul (it is a touch screen, but doesn't have Android Auto). Does anybody have a recommendation on if either of these work, or if there is another wire harness that works?

In order to retain steering wheel controls, I have been looking at both Axxess and iDatalink Maestro RR, but it appears that neither are compatible with my specific radio (but work with the UVO radios). Does anybody have any success with either of these, or a recommendation for another steering wheel control unit?

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
9,510 Posts
I have the 2017 also but with the eight inch screen. If I remember correctly there was a provision to install AA and ACP on those five inch radios post market. I never heard much more about it other than there was an upgrade to get it onto the radios. I would surmise that the first one you list would work because the upgrade was hinted to be software update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2015 base red screen radio about to be replaced with a Pioneer NEX4200 . For mine I’m using the Maestro idata link RR with the KH1 wiring harness adapter. Nothing has been installed as of yet. I can post more info down the road. But it’s going to be a while as I started a new job with Lucid Motors and will be in California for training and such for several weeks....

Perry Brokaw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts