Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question we have a 2011 kia soul ! As of recent wiper mist is not spraying. Wipers move but I don’t hear the pump spraying. Plenty of fluid on the resovoir so I assume not leaks. Bad mist motor? Fuse? Any thoughts?

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul
196 Posts
Check the fuse first. How cold is it where you live? Might just be fluid frozen in the lines. Lastly, check the motor. You can take a couple of test wires straight off the battery to the motor. Just be careful with the wires and don't touch the hot wire to anything but that switch.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the fuse first. How cold is it where you live? Might just be fluid frozen in the lines. Lastly, check the motor. You can take a couple of test wires straight off the battery to the motor. Just be careful with the wires and don't touch the hot wire to anything but that switch.
where is the fuse for it? I don’t see one inside or under the hood for it. It’s pretty cold here in the Midwest right now but I did try it on a 60 degree day and didn’t even hear the pump for the mist turn on

· Registered
2014 1.6l manual
983 Posts
where is the fuse for it? I don’t see one inside or under the hood for it....
According to a respondent to "Where is the windshield washer pump fuse on a 2010 Kia Soul?" it is the WIPER FRT fuse located in the inner fuse panel.

But that fuse controls the "Front Wiper Motor" and you said the wipers work, only the washer not working. If the fuse was blown then the wipers wouldn't work.

Unfortunately "washer motor" isn't specifically listed in the fuse descriptions in the above link.

· Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So where is the actual washer fluid motor at in the engine bay? Thinking maybe the motor is toast? When I pull forward on the stalk it moves the wipers I just don't hear the pump even engage.

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul
196 Posts
I would THINK it's attached to the washer fluid container. Of course, I'm not a Korean engineer, so I could be way off base.

· Registered
2016 Kia Soul
196 Posts
I've had success over the years taking them apart and cleaning them and having them work for several more years. They get gunked up. As long as the brushes are still in good shape, cleaning may help. If the brushes are worn down, then toss it and get a new one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts