Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

Windshield Washers

7K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  conwelpic 
#1 ·
Does the Soul have windshield washer nozzles?

#9 ·
rather than start a new thread I'll just resurrect this old short thread on this subject.

Just as a bit of trivia, when I purchased my vehicle over 15 months ago the windshield washer fluid was full, yesterday I emptied it for the first time - now I know my low fluid light works ;)

Also in case any of you are wondering, no I did not fill it up at any time and it went into the dealers twice for service and I but a bag on the container fill neck with a note on telling them not to fill (which they saw it as they made a note on my work order). Also for your reference, it takes a complete bottle of windshield washer anti-freeze to fill it (3.78L)

#10 · (Edited)
I have to use my own W-washers every time I get in my car, because the glass is totally covered by tree pollen.

I just listed my own washer fluid recipe on another thread. Heck, it might have been a different forum!

For a good NON-AntiFreeze washer fluid, I use one cup of household Ammonia to a gallon jug, a few drops of food coloring (just for fun) and then fill the jug with tap water.
I'll usually go through a gallon of fluid in about a month.

On the SX4 forum the guys were having all sorts of problems with the washer fluid hoses coming loose.
I wonder if that's ever been a problem on the Soul ???

In retrospect, I can't believe that anyone would ever ask the question about IF there are washers on the Soul. ????
Of course there are!!!!

TM :cool:

PS:
I too have to give them (my dealer's mechanics) a Don't Touch list.
It includes:......

Engine air cleaner
Cabin Air Filter
Washer Fluid
Tire pressure
and......Don't WASH!!!

Going to the dealer for an oil change is more trouble than it's actually worth. :rolleyes:

#11 ·
On the SX4 forum the guys were having all sorts of problems with the washer fluid hoses coming loose.
I wonder if that's ever been a problem on the Soul ???

In retrospect, I can't believe that anyone would ever ask the question about IF there are washers on the Soul. ????
Of course there are!!!!
never heard or read of that problem on the Soul's

You have to wonder on some of these questions, why people even ask them - how would they think you get your front and rear windows clean :D

#12 ·
I must admit, one day I could not remember how to activate the rear window washer.
I even got out and walked around to the back of the car to make sure there was a washer nozzle there.
Yup, it sure was there!

So in disgust at myself, I RTFM! I did not jump on a forum and ask the question ......
It's just what I tell others to do, when they ask a stupid question.

Anyway, I found out that pulling the wiper lever toward me activated the front washer and pushing it away from me activates the rear washer.
How clever!

Both washers draw from the same tank, under the hood, so keeping that tank full assures washer fluid when you need it.

:cool:

Reactions: The Old Grouch
#16 ·
It really makes little difference, whether you push or pull the lever, as long as you remember which way it is.

There are many things like that in life, that maybe are not the most logical, but once we learn them, all's OK. Eh?

:cool:

#19 ·
How such a simple device can turn into such a pain in the arse sometimes, is beyond me.

But, in more years than I can remember, I've never had a problem with my Windshield Washer system.
I make my own washer fluid, keep my tank full and never think anymore about it. It just works!

Happy Motoring Guys and Gals!

TM :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.