Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently purchased 2010 Soul 2.0-78K miles-Washer tank leaked upon delivery-Dealer sent me to small local shop-Was told pump leaked, which was purportedly replaced-(At same time as front struts which still make "Clunk" noise on bumps-Another time on that..) Not sure they actually did anything...I saw nothing on ground until I attempted to fill tank the first time it was empty-See pic please-Would someone give me some guidance on how I can access the tank and pump so I can check out the situation before taking on this smarmy little shop manager?

Thanks!!

Fotonutz

N. Texas

Attachments

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
not sure if the 2010 is the same as my 2012, but this is below my washer, I took the photo by looking up from under the corner of the vehicle

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, But I'd probably like a bit more visibility around the tank, and I don't get why there was nothing on the ground until fill up- Maybe some help getting it out please-

J

·
Registered
136 Posts
Your struts probably just need to be tightened. Sometimes they settle and move slightly. There is a nut on the top of the strut. There usually is 2 nuts. Loosen the top one and then use an impact gun on the lower nut and tighten down on it. Then tighten the top nut back down. That should help with the clunking. I had that problem after I replaced mine and after I went a few hundred miles my one side wasn't tight enough.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The tanks and pumps get damaged when the washer liquid is not treated with strong enough solution to stop it freezing. the type of material it is made from is not repairable and unless it is a seal or pipe you will need another tank.
You will have to get down and look with torch, parking car on high kerb on water bottle side will give you room will give you room. Mirrors can be handy.
Dodgy dealers same world over will fob you off till legal rights time has disappeared or you get fed up.

Jeff

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,164 Posts
Thanks, But I'd probably like a bit more visibility around the tank, and I don't get why there was nothing on the ground until fill up- Maybe some help getting it out please-
maybe its cracked near the top, I think you may have to remove the bumper to remove the container, but if its was suppose to fixed by the shop then its there problem.

·
Registered
546 Posts
http://www.kiasoulforums.com/attach...ou-do-your-soul-today-img_20131124_172617.jpg

this is how you access it.

Had to replace the pump in the wifes after it quit working and froze. Whomever changed the oil in it at the penzoil quick lube topped everything off and somehow got some sort of paper in the tank and it plugged the hole on the pump causing it to cavitate and quit pumping. I think it was the paper from the cap on the jug of window washer fluid. Told the wife to just let me do it, now she knows and im the only one who services our vehicles again. She did it to be nice so I wouldn't have to, but it ended up costing us the oil change and another $30 for the pump that I found on ebay. That sucker is hard to find, most only have one outlet, these need 2 (front and rear window). The way the pump is designed it just reverses to pump out the other port for the back window.

If the pump isn't seated properly it will leak, you can epoxy any cracks in the tank. the pump just snaps into place with a special grommet and a tab on the top to lock it in place.

It looks like a mess but the front bumper cover isn't that hard to remove. I got the info off of KGIS and threw it away not knowing they were going to take away our free access to it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts