Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks; Just bought a 2015 SX last night - driving home in the rain was AWFUL. I couldn't see very well with oncoming traffic headlights. It appeared there was a film on the windshield that was almost impossible to see out of?

Can anyone offer ideas?

Thanks
jo

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
on the outside or in?

Where in Ontario? Please fill out your Drive details, so it show up with each post, helps respond to future questions and comments - thanks.
Welcome aboard, good to have another Canadian on the forum, there are many of us :sneakiness:

·
Registered
On my second Soul - a 2020 LX w/IVT
113 Posts
I assume you're referring to the film that's invisible when dry, but the windshield looks crazy-dirty when wet. My experience has been that only polishing the glass removes this weird film. I've only encountered this film with Hyundai/Kia cars; I think it's due to some process/environment that's unique to their manufacture/distribution.

Here's a link to a thread on the subject (I link to my post):

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/10-soul-problems/9025-blotches-windshield-hatch-glass-when-wet-3.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
I noticed that my new 2014 windshield was impossible to clean until I scrubbed it with alcohol. I totally agree with the comment about Rain-X.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The dealer most likely used a liquid wax, as part of his prep car wash, which got all over the windows. I had that happen from a local car wash. Cleaning the window with a good glass cleaner got rid of it.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My wife's new sonata was the same way, but a good scrub with quality glass cleaner and microfiber towel did the trick! Once you get a good clean inside and out, wax the outside of your windows. It's amazing and about a hundred time better than rainx. I always have and always will wax my windows. I vary rarely need to use my wipers! I've used many different waxes, liquid and paste wax and I've had great results with all of them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Folks; Just bought a 2015 SX last night - driving home in the rain was AWFUL. I couldn't see very well with oncoming traffic headlights. It appeared there was a film on the windshield that was almost impossible to see out of?

Can anyone offer ideas?

Thanks
jo
I used 4 ot (0000) steel wool on the outside of my windshield. When you start the wool will drag, then becomes very smooth and resistant free. Rinse off with water then use an ammonia based window cleaner. Wipe off the wiper blades with the cleaner. Mine turned out very good!

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,401 Posts
I used 4 ot (0000) steel wool on the outside of my windshield. When you start the wool will drag, then becomes very smooth and resistant free. Rinse off with water then use an ammonia based window cleaner. Wipe off the wiper blades with the cleaner. Mine turned out very good!
Did you use the steel wool on dry glass or use with water (lubricant)?

Glad to hear you got good results!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts