Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:Today I had a problem with my driver side window. When I lowered the window I could not get it to come back up, I waited a while and I was able to close the window. This happened to me a couple of times today. The temperature outside reached 98 degrees today and I am thinking the heat had somehow had an effect on the window (parts expanded/electrical component overheating.) Does this make sense? Has it happened to any of our other soul members? When the temperature comes back to normal if it continues to happen I will bring it to the dealer for inspection.

·
Registered
164 Posts
:confused:Today I had a problem with my driver side window. When I lowered the window I could not get it to come back up, I waited a while and I was able to close the window. This happened to me a couple of times today. The temperature outside reached 98 degrees today and I am thinking the heat had somehow had an effect on the window (parts expanded/electrical component overheating.) Does this make sense? Has it happened to any of our other soul members? When the temperature comes back to normal if it continues to happen I will bring it to the dealer for inspection.
Just a thought of something to try to maybe make it happen again: When it happened, did you roll the window down by holding the button down, or did you roll it down by momentarily pushing the button fully down to activate the auto-down feature? Try it both ways and see if maybe one way messes up. Maybe the auto-down is malfunctioning and trying to roll the window down way too long, keeping you from putting it up until it times out.? Although that shouldn't happen, because I've noticed if you try to roll the window up while it is doing an auto-down, it interrupts the auto-down cycle. But if the auto-down is malfunctioning, anything could happen. I would guess it must use some kind of module somewhere to run the auto-down cycle.

Or it could be something as simple as a flaky "up" switch.

I just love those intermittent problems that you just know will work fine at the dealership!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts