Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Kia Soul and the window jumps off the track all the time. I have been to the dealer probably about 10 times to fix this problem and every time it jumps off the track. After the warranty expired I just left it stuck in the closed position. I just gave the car to my daughter and she went to Safelite to get the window fixed on a Monday and it came back off the track on Wednesday. Now Safelite is telling me to but a new track channel molding that goes around the window and they'll install it free.
Kia told me this is not a common problem and I'm tired of throwing money at this stupid window. Frustrated to say the least.
Does anyone else have this problem? Help me out please!!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Chances are the tech(s) moved the bottom of front and rear track inward to the limit of the adjustment.
If so, the channel/channel insert could be replaced or drill new holes for the adjustment fasteners to move farther inward. I did the latter on my son's 1989 F250.

Do you have the door panel off?
If so, send a pic if you want more of an explanation.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
A picture and more detail would be better. When you say "jumps off the track" do you mean that the window leaves the molding guides around the door frame, or do you mean that the drive assembly jumps off the guide track inside the door as the motor moves the mechanism up and down? The solutions would be different depending on the problem and @SportsterDoc is right in that there's not enough information here. Based on what Safelite told you it sounds like your guide molding in the door frame is damaged, but in my experience that's pretty rare unless someone was trying to break into the car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I haven't come across that problem on the Soul specifically but on many other cars. I cannot understand how you were at the dealer 10 times and they could not figure out the problem, that is just insane ineptness by their techs. These are not complicated mechanisms, rather rudimentary and with the panel off it is not difficult to see what happens to make it jump and remedy the situation. I am very sorry you have had to deal with an easy problem that escalated into you hating a car when it is a simple fix.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't come across that problem on the Soul specifically but on many other cars. I cannot understand how you were at the dealer 10 times and they could not figure out the problem, that is just insane ineptness by their techs. These are not complicated mechanisms, rather rudimentary and with the panel off it is not difficult to see what happens to make it jump and remedy the situation. I am very sorry you have had to deal with an easy problem that escalated into you hating a car when it is a simple fix.
Believe me I've had trouble understanding that too. At one point hey said they replaced the whole insides of the door then used special strong epoxy once. here I am still with a window off track.
Safelite has told me that they think it is the rubber channel guide pushing the window off track. They said they would put it in free for me if I bought one and brought it to them. I probably should have went with my gut and just got a new door from a junk yard but I guess I'm going to try this last effort before the junk yard.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Believe me I've had trouble understanding that too. At one point hey said they replaced the whole insides of the door then used special strong epoxy once. here I am still with a window off track.
They sound clueless. I have not taken off an inside door panel in a long time. But it seems like the hardest part was getting it put back on correctly. Not getting it off, or replacing the smashed glass.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Kia Soul and the window jumps off the track all the time. I have been to the dealer probably about 10 times to fix this problem and every time it jumps off the track. After the warranty expired I just left it stuck in the closed position. I just gave the car to my daughter and she went to Safelite to get the window fixed on a Monday and it came back off the track on Wednesday. Now Safelite is telling me to but a new track channel molding that goes around the window and they'll install it free.
Kia told me this is not a common problem and I'm tired of throwing money at this stupid window. Frustrated to say the least.
Does anyone else have this problem? Help me out please!!
I also have a 2013 Kia Soul and my driver window jumped off the track a year and a half ago. I paid $500 to repair it in Feb. 2020 in order for the car to pass inspection, now it is May 2021 and it has jumped off the track again. I am getting frustrated because I cant pay these exorbitant repair costs just for a freakin window. I miss the days of having roll up windows because these are nothing but garbage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts