Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you try and make the car go sideways on dry pavement will it tip? I have the 4U with the stiffer suspension. I know the car has a warning on the sun visor saying that it has a high rollover risk.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Why would you want to try and make your Soul go sideways on dry pavement in the first place??????????
Are you planning on drifting your Soul?

Never heard of a Soul tip over yet....

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
All SUV type vehicles because of the high center of gravity have that warning. Lots of us have done some crazy manouvers it is not an issue.
Where are you located? Southern Canada doesn't narrow it down much. Are you in Ontario? Want to come to Niagara Falls with us this weekend?

·
Registered
966 Posts
All SUV type vehicles because of the high center of gravity have that warning. Lots of us have done some crazy manouvers it is not an issue.
Those warning stickers in the states are a result of the general public shifting from regular car models with low centers of gravity to SUV like models with a higher center of gravity. The gov't did all sorts of tests after a number of Subarus and Ford Explorers (2 doors, short jeep like) flipped in accidents both at high speeds on the highways and being t-boned in a collision. If the general public had not driven 4WD or SUVs before, they did some stupid things driving.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
LOL are yall condoning drifting an suv?

And the Darwin award goes to...

[Sent from my HTC Inspire via AutoGuide app using Swiftkey 3 Beta. Pardon errors.]

·
Registered
379 Posts
What? It wasn't hard to drift an Isuzu Trooper (5spd non 4wd).
Well. With some tweaks on its suspension it can be done.
When you are downhill and press the brake hard on the soul it feels lighter on the back. Just turn and prepare to the ride. Just be expremely careful since it can't be controlled as well as a normal rwd car. It's more like a powerslide than a drift.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
Where are you located? Southern Canada doesn't narrow it down much. Are you in Ontario? Want to come to Niagara Falls with us this weekend?
Yes, I agree that could be anywhere from Vancouver to Montreal depending on how you interpret it ;)

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Not condoning this behaviour in the slightest, its just good to know that come that unlucky day when an emergency avoidance or swerve gets out of hand... that the shiny side will remain upwards.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you're really set on doing this (don't), be sure to have someone film it so the rest of us can see how the Soul fares in rollovers.

Which is not to say that I haven't had to put mine through emergency maneuvers, but drifting is a far cry from swerving out of the way of an obstacle.

·
Registered
728 Posts
If you try hard enough you can tip anything.
Bingo! As for the Soul specifically, I have zero concerns about rolling over. Its based off the old Rio and as such really doesn't have that high of a COG. Mine has done well in high speed avoidance maneuvers, with both the stock suspension and the Eibachs.

Sent from my LG-VS700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts