Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to move out of my townhouse soon and put my stuff in self-storage.

I'm wondering....with the back seats folded flat and the driver/passenger pushed far forward, will a full size (aka double) mattress fit in the back of the SOUL?

A regular full mattress measures 54 inches wide by 75 inches long.

I suppose it could stick out a little if it needed to, but I am most concerned about width...

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
It might be safe to say that you are the one of the first people to ask this question, so you may need to tell us how it does.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just measured 55"L by 49"w (entryway is narrower).
Twin is 39x75" it might be doable hanging out with some rope hanging but forget anything bigger.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Much easier to use an air mattress, they are not expensive and come in handy to have anyway. Inflate it inside the car.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Please don't tie it to the roof without using strong rope. Have seen they flying across the highway before. They don't fly well.

Mark

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I need to move out of my townhouse soon and put my stuff in self-storage.

I'm wondering....with the back seats folded flat and the driver/passenger pushed far forward, will a full size (aka double) mattress fit in the back of the SOUL?

A regular full mattress measures 54 inches wide by 75 inches long.

I suppose it could stick out a little if it needed to, but I am most concerned about width...
Have you considered renting a truck? It's not very expensive for a small one.

Richard

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Soul with futon copy.jpg

Maybe it's a good time to revive the "RV" uses for the Soul :)

I put a twin futon in the back with front seats all the way forward. I turn the 3 backseat headrests 180 degrees to support the pillows. Pretty dang comfy, & the backseat overhead light is perfectly placed.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
There is one forum that I frequent, (I forget which one), that will not let you post to a topic that has not had a post for ??? so long.
That might be appropriate here. Eh?

:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't understand why continuing old threads is a problem, it consolidates the answers instead of hunting through dozens of threads on the same topic.

My question is can a memory foam full mattress like Casper be rolled and stuffed into the Soul? They ship rolled from the factory so it doesn't wreck them.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I don't understand why continuing old threads is a problem, it consolidates the answers instead of hunting through dozens of threads on the same topic.

My question is can a memory foam full mattress like Casper be rolled and stuffed into the Soul? They ship rolled from the factory so it doesn't wreck them.
Mostly because it's weird answering some guy that's probably moved to Zimbabwe by now and is riding a tricycle instead of a Kia Soul :)

To answer your question, though, it fit in a box to ship to your house, so I can't see why it wouldn't fit in your car.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just wonder about a guy who is so ashamed of where he lives, or is fleeing from the FBI, that he won't even list the state in which he lives. Sad.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts