Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
You will have to ask KIA America...they decide what models, accessories and options are available on the vehicles they sell in the US. The Canadian versions have options as standard not available in the US as they do in Europe, ASIA, etc.

KIA America and their dealers decided what to bring to market in the US.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just another example of how sometimes Capitalism isn't always that great. Not giving us the full options and stuff.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But you have 2 litre and Bluetooth!
You guys don't have the bluetooth? I thought the Euro cars came with Bluetooth.

The 2.0 is ok, not the most refined I have seen. I thought that the Diesel version was better.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've yet to get my Soul Tempest CRD (should be delivered in a couple of week's time) but as far as I'm aware no UK Souls have Bluetooth. I could be wrong but it isn't mentioned in any of the sales stuff I've read and the steering wheels only have audio controls, not 'phone.
The closest we get is that we have the iPhone / Pod / MP3 socket and the cars do come with the connector cable.
It does seem strange to me a that Kia don't supply the same audio to all markets, I can understand different body styles and different engines but the car radio? Putting in the same kit to all cars would save them hassle and therefore money (hassle=cost).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've yet to get my Soul Tempest CRD (should be delivered in a couple of week's time) but as far as I'm aware no UK Souls have Bluetooth. I could be wrong but it isn't mentioned in any of the sales stuff I've read and the steering wheels only have audio controls, not 'phone.
The closest we get is that we have the iPhone / Pod / MP3 socket and the cars do come with the connector cable.
It does seem strange to me a that Kia don't supply the same audio to all markets, I can understand different body styles and different engines but the car radio? Putting in the same kit to all cars would save them hassle and therefore money (hassle=cost).
It is strange indeed. That is a shame though. With the advancements of technology, one would expect Bluetooth to at least be an available option in all Souls worldwide.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just recieved my tempest today, you will be overly pleased, such a nice looking car, had loads of comments, even the people in the shell petrol station commented!
It even has all the new soft non scratching door trims and components. Also has a lot more chrome around dials etc. Yep and no bluetooth but that doesnt bother me to much. The rear camera/auto dimming mirror is great
Ill post pics tomorrow when i clean it! This UK rain is getting me down!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Jackrabbit, looking forward to seeing those photos as all I've seen is the publicity one! Could you also take one of the subwoofer location please as I'd like to know how much room it takes up?

PS you'd better change your signature now!

·
Registered
147 Posts
We don't get Bluetooth because the Govt doesn't want us using phones whilst driving - at all. It's a plot.

They also don't really like us driving, full stop. Hence the road tax and high fuel tax. We are all suppose dto hop on our bikes and cycle happily to our dreary jobs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It would be interesting to know if the Bluetooth is integrated into the head units or is a separate bit of kit. I think that Parrot have a tie up with Kia so it's maybe something that they can provide for us UK users?
Probably straying too far from this thread and should be in the ICE thread!

·
Registered
110 Posts
We don't get Bluetooth because the Govt doesn't want us using phones whilst driving - at all. It's a plot.

They also don't really like us driving, full stop. Hence the road tax and high fuel tax. We are all suppose dto hop on our bikes and cycle happily to our dreary jobs.
True. But they do like us driving really, as UK drivers contribute so much extra tax revenue.
I don't think that UK Souls not having bluetooth is anything to do with the Government or UK laws, as almost every other new car in the UK has bluetooth or an option for it. I suspect it is more to do with Kia UK Marketting Dept - cost cutting to keep the car to a certain price.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I suspect it is more to do with Kia UK Marketting Dept - cost cutting to keep the car to a certain price.
Maybe, but when we have the limited edition models that have all the shiny extra bits added you would have thought that it would be fitted as standard to them. Even if not fitted then it should be an option to buy it.

Having done a bit more research I think that Parrot provide a chip to OEM to be added to the audio equipment so it may not be a retro fit option after all.

Anyone know the make of the audio unit, that may be a route that I could explore?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

In California,USA we have the exact same law. We can not make calls whilst driving, however, we may make phone calls if and only if it is wireless. The thing is the government wants us to keep our eyes on the road.

I admit the things are more expensive in Europe than they are here in the states. I myself don't understand this because on average Europeans make less than Americans, but yet things are more expensive in Europe.

Here is for hoping that they introduce bluetooth the U.K. and if it has not been done already, the rest of Europe.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
True. But they do like us driving really, as UK drivers contribute so much extra tax revenue.
I don't think that UK Souls not having bluetooth is anything to do with the Government or UK laws, as almost every other new car in the UK has bluetooth or an option for it. I suspect it is more to do with Kia UK Marketting Dept - cost cutting to keep the car to a certain price.
I'm more prone to believe that you are correct in saying that it is Kia UK Marketing Dept cost cutting to keep the car at a certain price like they are doing here in the United States. It is not fair really.

In the States, we would like to enjoy automatic folding side-view mirrors and a reverse camera/auto-dimming rear-view mirror. I am pretty sure that folks in the U.K. would love to enjoy the convenience of the bluetooth package.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Who do we have to thank for the lack of CRD in Canada?

Shall I start writing letters to Gov. Schwarzenegger?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts