Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2014 Soul Exclaim pkg. will find my phone and I can make a call, but I have to pick up the phone and choose the contact, hit dial on the phone, (not hands free) and then it goes through the speakers of the car so I can talk hands free and I can disconnect the call through the car, but it won't download my address book so I can actually make a hands free call by voice activation. I am assuming I have to get another bluetooth phone. Anyone know of a list of phones that actually work with everything on the UVO system? In this state it is a law that you must talk hands free while driving. Anyone have success downloading the contacts with the LG500G bluetooth phone?:flustered:

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
myuvo.com used to show the complete list of tested compatible phones for Bluetooth features but I can't find it anywhere now. They changed the site and finally removed all mentions of UVO on 2014 Souls. Not a good sign.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
BTW I have an Google Nexus 5 (by LG) and it works fine. It asks for permission on the phone when it connects to the car when you tell it to download contacts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I took it to the guy at the dealership where I bought it and all he could figure out is that the bluetooth in my phone was too old. I just bought it last year so that is not jiving with me. I also tried connecting my nexus 7 (2013) tablet to it and the car finds it but nothing happens when I try to use it. It has bluetooth also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts