Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately, I did have the brake switch replaced and paid for it. I did not get the sunroof fixed. I am lukewarm when it comes to the dealers out here. The first one I went to couldn't seem to get the drive belts tight enough so they wouldn't squeal. Finally did it myself to make that go away. The second one is the one who did the transmission service and now I have the hard shift problem when the car hasn't warmed all the way up yet. Both facilities have the same mantra which is "if we cannot duplicate the problem, we won't fix it". There is a TSB out for the rear windshield wiper, but because they didn't hear it squeal they would not fix it for no cost. I didn't want to hassle it so ordered it lubricated and told them I would pay for it. In my mind, if there is a TSB on an issue and the customer says there is a problem, it should be fixed. Not so, when it comes to Kia dealers. The recall notice was published in the paper, but again, since it didn't show up in their computer, they would not do the work unless I paid for it. They did manage to pull the codes up signifying that the brake switch was indeed defective, but that would make no difference. The car was out of warranty and I was pretty much out of luck. I would have to say that I suspected a problem with the sunroof as on other occasions I was unable to get it to vent instead of slide all the way back but since I am not a frequent user of the sunroof, I chalked it up to "I didn't know how to get it to vent because I didn't know the right way to push the button." I always figured I would look it up later but it wasn't a priority. Little did I know it would cost so much to repair. The vehicle has performed quite well. I enjoy driving it and have not experienced the problems that others have. I get 30 mpg routinely. Most of it is freeway driving but I don't think I have ever gotten less than 24 when I do more city driving. It isn't the new GDI engine but the original Beta 2 with the timing belt. I think I have gotten my money's worth out of it. Paid under $18000 and 0% financing for 36 months. Paid it off awhile back so I can't really complain.

Let me get you the recall notice. They haven't announced it yet because they want to build up stock for it. But if you have a 2010 and they say its not part of the recall find a new dealer FAST!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
the TSB on the rear wiper squeal was issued January 2010 and #053 for Soul's built between 1/1/2009 - 6/30/2009

(A Service Action is a repair program without customer notification that is performed during the warranty period. Any dealer request to perform this repair outside the warranty period will require DPSM approval.)

here's the first and second page on the recall switch:

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
the TSB on the rear wiper squeal was issued January 2010 and #053 for Soul's built between 1/1/2009 - 6/30/2009

(A Service Action is a repair program without customer notification that is performed during the warranty period. Any dealer request to perform this repair outside the warranty period will require DPSM approval.)

here's the first and second page on the recall switch:
Thank you for that. I forgot where I put mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have about 82,000 on my 2011 + ... Drive anywhere 1,500-3,000 miles a week. It was a former rental car then I turned it into a taxi cab which is used 12+ hours a day sometimes even 24 hours with two drivers.

I've had my car serviced at a dealership and go in about once every 1-2 weeks for something oil change or routine.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Unfortunately, I did have the brake switch replaced and paid for it. I did not get the sunroof fixed. I am lukewarm when it comes to the dealers out here. The first one I went to couldn't seem to get the drive belts tight enough so they wouldn't squeal. Finally did it myself to make that go away. The second one is the one who did the transmission service and now I have the hard shift problem when the car hasn't warmed all the way up yet. Both facilities have the same mantra which is "if we cannot duplicate the problem, we won't fix it". There is a TSB out for the rear windshield wiper, but because they didn't hear it squeal they would not fix it for no cost. I didn't want to hassle it so ordered it lubricated and told them I would pay for it. In my mind, if there is a TSB on an issue and the customer says there is a problem, it should be fixed. Not so, when it comes to Kia dealers. The recall notice was published in the paper, but again, since it didn't show up in their computer, they would not do the work unless I paid for it. They did manage to pull the codes up signifying that the brake switch was indeed defective, but that would make no difference. The car was out of warranty and I was pretty much out of luck. I would have to say that I suspected a problem with the sunroof as on other occasions I was unable to get it to vent instead of slide all the way back but since I am not a frequent user of the sunroof, I chalked it up to "I didn't know how to get it to vent because I didn't know the right way to push the button." I always figured I would look it up later but it wasn't a priority. Little did I know it would cost so much to repair. The vehicle has performed quite well. I enjoy driving it and have not experienced the problems that others have. I get 30 mpg routinely. Most of it is freeway driving but I don't think I have ever gotten less than 24 when I do more city driving. It isn't the new GDI engine but the original Beta 2 with the timing belt. I think I have gotten my money's worth out of it. Paid under $18000 and 0% financing for 36 months. Paid it off awhile back so I can't really complain.
Call Kia Customer service...you should get reimbursed for the brake light switch as that is a RECALL. Doesn't matter how old the vehicle is. Complain to them about the rear wiper...I believe Kia reimburses dealers for those repairs.
I think I would contact the dealer and say you will be writing a review on Yelp and that you will mention recalls that you paid for when the dealer should have performed it at not customer cost. BTW who IS your dealer so folks here know who does not give good customer satisfaction. Maybe a thread with Good Dealer Service and Bad Dealer Service...a sticky one. I hope it wasn't Concord Kia!

·
Registered
35 Posts
90,000 absolutely trouble-free miles on my 2010 Soul+, recently traded for a 2015. It was in top shape the day I traded it, and the service manager told me there was no reason I couldn't put another 50,000 miles on the 2.0 liter if I wanted. It looked and drove the same the day I sold it as it did the day I bought it.

I was late doing the timing chain service, which was the most expensive thing done to the car while we owned it. Well, not counting the time a teenage girl rear-ended us a stoplight. That was $4,500 out of her insurance company's pocket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
40,500 as of today on my 2012.

I bought it last July with 24K on it.

Guess I like driving it!

Regular maintenance with synthetic oil. I expect it to easily go 200K miles.

No issues with it whatsoever.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts