Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
11, 700mi here. Had my Soul for exactly a year and one week now.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
NEW 2010 Soul

7-12-2009 = 3 miles

YESTERDAY

3-14-2012 = 77,777 miles

:)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wasn't there a post a month or so ago about a 2010 Soul for sale at an east Texas dealership (I think) that had approximately 240,000 miles? Car looked great; miles insane!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
have you done your t-belt? if yes, what was the condition of the rubber?
No, and i NEED to soon !

But I just did a front brake job & repainted the calipars while I had things apart ( back brakes are due soon too....)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2010 with just shy of 27K on her.

Only problems I've had thus far was when the subwoofer blew in the car and gave a high pitched whining sound when trying to push the gas pedal. I've also had a grinding sound when coming to stop recently since changing out brakes. But switched to another set and still have the same response. The grinding also shakes the front end a bit when coming to a stop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2010 Denim Limited 2.0 liter 5 speed manual 106568 miles.
Did have a faulty brake switch and a guide on the sunroof broke. Dealer wants $2200+ to repair. On the fence about whether to do it or not. Guide cost around $350, the rest for labor seems a bit steep. Otherwise, car runs really well.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,155 Posts
2010 Denim Limited 2.0 liter 5 speed manual 106568 miles.
Did have a faulty brake switch and a guide on the sunroof broke. Dealer wants $2200+ to repair. On the fence about whether to do it or not. Guide cost around $350, the rest for labor seems a bit steep. Otherwise, car runs really well.
brake switich is a recall so no charge. Take the sunroof problem to a place that specializes in sunroof installation and find out the cost for the repair. If it costs that much I wouldn't even bother getting it fixed, you can get a complete sunroof installed for less money than that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
brake switich is a recall so no charge. Take the sunroof problem to a place that specializes in sunroof installation and find out the cost for the repair. If it costs that much I wouldn't even bother getting it fixed, you can get a complete sunroof installed for less money than that.
Tried to get brake switch done on recall but dealer says it doesn't show up in their computer as a recall item on my VIN so I had to pay. I didnt' get it fixed, it cost me $260 just to have them put the glass in place so that it won't leak when it rains. I checked the manual on the repair and it looks like they would have to drop the headliner and pull the frame to do the repair but the price they quoted was still more than I would want to pay. I don't really use the sunroof and just wanted to open it for ventilation because I had a full gas can in the car that was emitting fumes. In retrospect I should have just left well enough alone.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts