Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Have you had to replace the timing belt yet? If so, how much did it cost?
No, all i've replaced is the filter and fog lights. My dealership did that for a grand total of $46.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
well done Torben!!.

done 31,000 miles in mine, same paint and doorlock issues as torben but had the car clearbra'd now.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Rolled over to 20,000 kms on Monday as I pulled into work. Met a guy the same day with 49,000 kms on his white 2011 4U also purchased last March.

·
Registered
39 Posts
well done Torben!!.

had the car clearbra'd now.
Had the front repainted (Bonnet, roof over windshield,) and Clearbra'd. Need to say that the original paint is as thin as p...

Other than that, the Soul is running on rails. Knock on wood :)

One thing though, had this issue from new. When servicing new oil and filter, Kia pure in the right amount of oil, (think it's 5,4Ltr) and it exceeds the max, mark on the oil stick by 5mm. Kia don't know it they should put in a new oil stick, or what. Tried with a brand new oil stick and it was still the same.:think

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Had the front repainted (Bonnet, roof over windshield,) and Clearbra'd. Need to say that the original paint is as thin as p...

Other than that, the Soul is running on rails. Knock on wood :)

One thing though, had this issue from new. When servicing new oil and filter, Kia pure in the right amount of oil, (think it's 5,4Ltr) and it exceeds the max, mark on the oil stick by 5mm. Kia don't know it they should put in a new oil stick, or what. Tried with a brand new oil stick and it was still the same.:think
Same thing with me too...... just assume they overfill it a bit. Another UK owner took theirs back and they drained some off. If the oil level isnt so high that the engine internals thrash it into a froth - it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
February 13th 2012 @ 75,000 miles ( 120,700 km )

***** Don't mind the dust . . . . past due for wash ! *******

:)
Problems ?
We don't have no stinking Problems . . . . .
:laughonfloor

100 miles = Loose Sensor on motor causing rough idle ( w/a 0.00 )

5500 miles = Blown turn signal fuse ( Kia idiots had no replacements & didn't know about the spares, Idiot Kia tech pulled one from the headlights & used it,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - so that night I had to use the High Beams until I had time to fix myself ) ( w/a 0.00 )

12,000 miles = one of the front parking light bulbs burnt out, I replaced both with upgraded brighter bulbs. ( w/a but I fixed @ 7.00 )

15,000 miles = one headlight, upgraded both with PIAA & they lasted 6 month's ( 60.00 ), upgraded more with HID's they lasted 9 months but under lifetime warranty ( 65.00 )

30,000 miles = passenger side mirror motor - motor works but won't move mirror - could have fixed under w/a , but never did & now it's out-of-warranty

44,000 miles = Battery - Just under warr by 1 month - ( w/a 0.00 )

52,000 miles = New Tires ( 500.00 ) Yokahamas

58,000 miles = New windshield wipers ( 10.00 )

61,000 miles = Brake light Switch ( under W/A , But I replaced myself @ 22.00 )

71,000 miles = New Windshield ( Glass coverage Insurance = 0.00 out of pocket & they paid me $ 150.00 cash :D )

:cool:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
just a hair under 45,000 miles. still good. So 100,000 in kilometers = 62,000 or so miles?
100,000 equals 62,137miles. My 2010 (bought May 2009) has 34,600km. Which is 21,500miles. Only minor issues- paint chips, scratched up interior, blown tweeter. It should last at least until my kids get there licenses' in a few years.LOL

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
^^ that's interesting, i never knew they had a 2 owner warranty. Guess it makes sense for couples who share vehicles.

What are the benefits of having a 2 owner warranty versus the regular warranty? What does it cover? Just curious.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using Tapatalk. Pardon errors.

·
Registered
767 Posts
^^^^^

EboniLM!

I believe Mapson02 is referring to the 2nd Owner Warranty. For example, if you're the 1st Owner of your Soul, you would have the Full Warranty on it, such as Basic: 5-yrs/60K-Miles, Powertrain: 10-yrs/100K-Miles. However, if you sold your car to me, then as the 2nd Owner of that car, I would only have the following Warranty - Basic: Remaining period of the original 5/60, and Powertrain: 6-yrs/60K-Miles.

Hopefully, this answers yours, and Mapson02's questions. If not, please let me know.

What's ridiculous, is that my wife's Suzuki SX4 Crossover, came with an Original 3-yr/36K-Mile Warranty for a New Car. As of April last year, her car is out of Warranty. Even if you're the 2nd Owner of a Kia, you still get a Better Warranty as a 2nd Owner, than you do as the Original Owner of a Suzuki! Crazy, huh?

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
^^^^^

EboniLM!

I believe Mapson02 is referring to the 2nd Owner Warranty. For example, if you're the 1st Owner of your Soul, you would have the Full Warranty on it, such as Basic: 5-yrs/60K-Miles, Powertrain: 10-yrs/100K-Miles. However, if you sold your car to me, then as the 2nd Owner of that car, I would only have the following Warranty - Basic: Remaining period of the original 5/60, and Powertrain: 6-yrs/60K-Miles.

Hopefully, this answers yours, and Mapson02's questions. If not, please let me know.

What's ridiculous, is that my wife's Suzuki SX4 Crossover, came with an Original 3-yr/36K-Mile Warranty for a New Car. As of April last year, her car is out of Warranty. Even if you're the 2nd Owner of a Kia, you still get a Better Warranty as a 2nd Owner, than you do as the Original Owner of a Suzuki! Crazy, huh?

Cheers!

BB
So this really is true, eh? I thought the dealer was handing me a line when he was diminishing the trade in value of my 'new' car to the next potential buyer. Thanks for the info Matey!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts