Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there replaced your stock muffler yet on the 2014 Soul? What were the results? I replaced mine with a 4" round MagnaFlow and there was very little difference in sound, I read somewhere that KIA has a much quieter resonator on the 2014 Soul. Anyone know of a replacement for the resonator to avoid a drone sound by just removing the resonator itself? Thanks agead of time for your response.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
If I'm mistaken my local muffler shop has various lengths of resonators made by MagnaFlow. I can stop and check with them if you would like me to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using the AutoGuide App.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Anyone out there replaced your stock muffler yet on the 2014 Soul? What were the results? I replaced mine with a 4" round MagnaFlow and there was very little difference in sound, I read somewhere that KIA has a much quieter resonator on the 2014 Soul. Anyone know of a replacement for the resonator to avoid a drone sound by just removing the resonator itself? Thanks agead of time for your response.
Old Man Soul just replaced his stock muffler with a Magna Flow muffler. Check with him, he posted some sound bites on it on Facebook, so maybe he will post them here too. He had one that was at 75 with no droning on the freeway. :) :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shaggy, isn't Old Man Soul the OP? So he is going to post his own sound bites to answer his own post? :very_drunk: lol

Reactions: Buzz

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for checking on this I need information for the 2014 Soul resonator replacement. I have the MagnaFlow 4 inch round muffler on it now and I am checking to see if there is a resonator replacement for the 2014 Soul.... thanks everyone!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hopefully I am not making everyone confused on here... just trying to get a little better sound is, I can live with what I have ..... thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Shaggy, isn't Old Man Soul the OP? So he is going to post his own sound bites to answer his own post? :very_drunk: lol
Yes, of course, but when you see a chain, sometimes you just have to pull it. Sorry, could not resist. :) I listened to all his sound bites and thought they would go good here too.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
The resonator on the 2014 Souls is more like a muffler really .... Compared to previous models .
Old Soul Man , all you really need is just a pipe to replace the resonator , which will be loudest .
Or you can use a universal resonator , Which will make it louder than what it is NOW , but quieter than just replacing it with just pipe .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks so much for the information, the guy at the muffler shop said the resonator did look like muffler to him too. I will probably get a universal resonator put on for that extra sound and hopefully a little more power too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Many moons ago, I owned a Scotty Muffler franchise. We would replace muffler and resonator with two glasspack mufflers, one long and one short. They sounded great, the second short glasspack stopped the droning noise. Since the little motor develops about 1 1/4 HP per CI, it might sound righteous. Seems like the brand was "Cherry Bomb".

Something to try.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts