Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can't offer you any comparisons other than I've run the Altimax tires on previous Corolla and now on a Ranger. They wear well and offered good traction. On BITOG forum, folks often rate these high as well.
Doubt you can go wrong with either of them. Go with ones you get best price on.

Reactions: Elrynon

·
Registered
2020 Soul LX, IVT
59 Posts
No comparisons here either but we ran the General Altimax RT43s for 4 years on our 2015 Soul + and had them put on when we bought our 2020 LX. Absolutely no complaints or problems with them and winter traction is very good for an all season tire. I'd call our winters here moderate but we are very hilly and had some good tests of them on the 2020 this winter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for both of your input! I was going to go with the Altimax but nobody in my area had them in stock and I already had a nail in the tire (nobody would repair it because it was in the "danger" zone) so I went with the Yokohama tires. I could def feel a difference on the drive home. We have the car on 'sport' mode for steering because of how tight it feels and these tires made it even more so. Didn't feel like the car was as "squishy" in turns either (but this could also be due to brand new tires and not 6 year old tires?) Either way, happy with them so far. We'll see down the road. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2017 Base/auto, Shadow Black (Betsy)
785 Posts
Thanks for both of your input! I was going to go with the Altimax but nobody in my area had them in stock and I already had a nail in the tire (nobody would repair it because it was in the "danger" zone) so I went with the Yokohama tires. I could def feel a difference on the drive home. We have the car on 'sport' mode for steering because of how tight it feels and these tires made it even more so. Didn't feel like the car was as "squishy" in turns either (but this could also be due to brand new tires and not 6 year old tires?) Either way, happy with them so far. We'll see down the road. Thanks again!
Which Yokohama's did you get?
Always been interested in this brand. Have read good reviews.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I ended up grabbing the ones I asked about in my OP. The YOKOHAMA YK740 GTX. I saw good things about them as well which is why I didn't have an issue picking them instead of the Altimax tires.

Reactions: Buzz

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,054 Posts
I've had Yokohama tires before with great luck, my last purchase was the Continental Pure Contact LS which is a fine tire also.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have had the Continental Pure Contact tires on the 2012 Impreza Sport that my wife drives. They are nice and quiet. I’ve driven them in rain, snow and on ice and they have had good grip. my 2020 Soul EX replaced a 2011 Forte EX which I used. It had Michelin Defenders on it. They are great al weather tires. Good on any surface.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,588 Posts
I see I'm a bit late to the rodeo here, but I like to run comparisons at the Tire Rack site. Consumer Reports also does extensive tire testing and I use them as a secondary source.

I ran Pirelli Cinturato P7 in 17" on my last Soul and found them 100% satisfactory. Quiet, smooth, plenty grippy. I never found them lacking in wet grip even though all the testers said they were weak in the wet. I've been on tires that did not do well in the wet, and the P7s were fine.

Hope your Yamahas work out well. They make good bikes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might want to check out the iMove Gen2 Ironman Tires. I recently bought one for my 2015 Kia Soul. It was way more cheaper than my previous tires but it doesn't feel like cheap tires while on the road.

·
Registered
2014 Soul+ Bright Silver (Sterling Soul)
719 Posts
Hey Elrynon, why don't you try using Ridge Grappler? My friend got a set for his car. He is amazed at its reliability when it comes to driving on slippery roads.
Those are truck tires though, aren't they?
Nitto Ridge Grappler Tire is perfect for light trucks because of its dynamic tread pattern.
Pretty expensive @ $282 each. 😲
Regardless, if you scroll up you'll see that the OP had already bought a set of tires 6 month ago. 😉

1 - 13 of 13 Posts