Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I am thinking about doing an exhaust. Im going to do the doug thorley axle back but not sure which header. Dough thorley or obx. The reason im contemplating the obx is its half the price of the dt. Anyone have experience with either of these? I dont want to cut the bumper and dont want an exposed tip, so dt is the axle back I will do. And I assume either one will cause a cel, any easy fixes for that? Any advice on the header would be greatly appriciated.
And this is about headers only, im not asking about intakes or resonators or anything else.

·
Registered
75 Posts
From what Ive heard DT is no longer producing the header. OBX is a cheap way to go but have had no expierience. KFX performance has their header ready, but they are waiting for the re-tweak of the downpipe. Very sexy header.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You'll need your pre-cat o2 sensor, but the one(s) after the cat you can hook up an o2 simulator( o2simulator.com). I had an OBX on my 626 and the simulator worked great. Just get a shop to weld you in a bung real quick for the precat. Shouldn't be more than $15-20 to do.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Be careful if you choose KFX, I had terrible customer service from them. Good luck and post up some pics of the completed project.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ yeah I won't go KFX. I had a terrible experience with them before and a lot of people have. They are awful with customer service.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
on the doug thorley website, they have the header still listed for sale. But I'm worried that the expense isn't worth it. to drop ~$700 for 10-15 hp....I might get the axle back soon and then maybe header later so it isn't a lot of money right off the bat.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I dont regret buying my DT header. It sounds great and the engine feels better if you know what i mean. Revs better, pulls better. I would buy mine again in a heartbeat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts