Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to top up my coolant level, it is between L & F and I have purchased spec. as in in book, but it is PINK and the stuff in the car is BLUE, so a bit worried about using it. It is COMA and ready mixed, any ideas please ?? :confused:

·
Registered
556 Posts
No, no, no. You do not need more coolant. If it is below F and L that is normal. The fluid level fluctuates. Also, DO NOT add coolant to what is already in there. If you want different coolant, you have to drain the whole system. Mixing coolants can destroy the cooling efficiency of the coolant and void your warranty. Unless the level drops BELOW the L mark, there is nothing to worry about. The extra room that is between the F and the coolant level is required for fluid expansion. You will need your coolant flushed and replaced between 30,000 and 60,000 miles - depending on driving conditions. Your dealership will know what is est for your car.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
if i was gonna top up by just a small amount, i would just use plain water...... the dilution caused would be minute. Anybody have any reason why i shouldnt do that?.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Unless your coolant level is BELOW the L mark when the engine is cold (thermostat closed) I would not do ANYTHING with it. Coolant is an exact science. If it drops below the L mark when cold, add NOT more than 1 cup of water at a time, while the engine is running to ensure proper mixture.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I will leave it alone

I don't really want to add just water as the temperatures her in UK have dropped rather low this year and we still some months left this winter. So I will leave it alone and do nothing as it appears normal according to the picture posted here by Greg as that is how mine looks when cold. ;)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Here is an IDEA for those who need coolant. But it form your local Kia dealership......then you know your getting the right stuff....

Reactions: Buzz

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,710 Posts
"The engine in your vehicle has aluminum engine parts and must be protected by an ethylene-glycol based coolant to prevent corrosion and freezing."

--pg. 7 / 30, 2015 Soul Owner's Manual.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.