Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am looking for a new battery for my 2015 1.6L, I have the choice between
371103X565
37110B2600
37110B2680

They are all priced at $107.94 each, I guess that the last 3 numbers indicate the CCA, can I just buy the one with the largest CCA since there is no price difference ?
Also, are there any replacement instructions available online ?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Hey dominic, I recently replaced mine with an Interstate #39 from Costco, $98. Walmart & other stores had a Maxx EverStart 121R for about $120.

It's an incredibly simple job to do it yourself. Loosen & disconnect the negative terminal followed by the positive. The instructions say to remove air filter stuff. Don't. It's unnecessary & a waste of time. There is easily enough play to just move it slighlty out of the way. It also says to mess with ECM. Don't. Those instructions seem like they are for Gen1 or just wrong. This is a simple job.

Then with a 10mm socket on an extension, loosen & remove the bolt near the front center base of the battery (see pic below). It's holding a clamp that holds it in. You'll see it easier with a flashlight. That's it!

Then remove the old battery and reverse sequence.

My new one has a CCA of 600, 50 more than the stock battery. Slightly smaller, fits perfect.

Then reset clock. My presets all remained.

All the best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a new one installed, it appears to be a 121R
$124 installed from the dealer so no more expensive than buying one from a auto parts store

1 - 6 of 6 Posts