Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just happened to read about this really cool app that has a piece of hardware that plugs in to that service port. It's called automatic. https://www.automatic.com/ This seems like a good solution for the folks that don't have the parking minder app or if you are just really into monitoring/improving fuel effeciency.

I'm just wondering where the service port is located. I'm thinking it may be annoying/obtrusive if it's located in a weird spot. Also wish it was black instead of white. But for the price it seems pretty cool!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Honestly, take a long look around before you spend money on that thing. If finding a parked car is something you want, there are apps that do the same thing.
Scangauge now makes a model with a few less features than the II Model for the same price as that. There are other companies as well.
Having to look at your phone to see everything isn't a good way to do it, in fact it probably isn't even legal in some states and to me not safe while you are driving.

To answer your question, you are looking for the Data Port. On my Soul it is under the dash behind the Fuse OBD box.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are certainly less expensive apps for bluetooth readers that will do many of those functions.

As for the distraction factor, they are all only as distracting as you allow them to be.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I think Google Now is now (or soon) supposed to act as a parking minder automatically. It is supposed to detect when you stop driving and start walking and then you can check Google Now to see where you were "parked". I haven't tried it yet, I just read an article about it so I don't know if it has been implemented yet. (I understand this probably wasn't your primary concern, just passing along the info)

·
Registered
799 Posts
This is a Great Gauge... Its got it all at a Great Price...

UltraGauge
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

See the Reviews
UltraGauge OBDII Monitor - YouTube

See Some Install Pics
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...0.0....0...1ac.1.49.img..0.14.663.JofqtiukW7U

~ Can You See Me Now ~

Question? How does it sit up so you can see it? I dont see any mounting feet or a stand. In my car (2014) it would probably go by the speaker tower on the driver side. I understand you have to unlatch the ODBII port out of its rack mount to be able to connect?

I have a scanguage II but cant find it! Arrgh!

·
Super Moderator
9,515 Posts
Question? How does it sit up so you can see it? I dont see any mounting feet or a stand. In my car (2014) it would probably go by the speaker tower on the driver side. I understand you have to unlatch the ODBII port out of its rack mount to be able to connect?

I have a scanguage II but cant find it! Arrgh!

You do not have to unlatch it but you will not be able to get the cover back onto the fuse panel if you don't. It is not in a real good position. So get some cable ties and unlatch it.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Do you mean that they took something so simple.....the ODB port on the '13 and screwed it up on the '14 ???
Unbelievable!!!

Two sided tape can usually hold anything you want, anywhere you want it.

On my SX4, I stuck the Scan Gauge II to the dashboard, right between the AC controls and the disk player.
It worked great there, for three years.

On both my SX4 and my 2013 Soul, the ODB port was/is in the same place, to the left of the steering column and just under the edge of the dash panel.

:cool:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Yea thats whre it is on the 14 behind a panel. But it is locked into a plastic framwork to make it stick out for connecting. I hear it can be taken out of it's rack but have not tried.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts