172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No activity by admin?

Whats going on with the SOM?

Hoping to read more soon!

·
Administrator
848 Posts
Sorry about this. I missed announcing the winner for September when I created Octobers. I won't deny that the contest is dying out. What do you think we could do to get members interested in SOTM? I can get some Decals made as a prize. What do you think?

- dm, community support

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Sorry about this. I missed announcing the winner for September when I created Octobers. I won't deny that the contest is dying out. What do you think we could do to get members interested in SOTM? I can get some Decals made as a prize. What do you think?

- dm, community support
A winner's decal or sticker may be good, but with no budget for this sort of thing, not sure that there is a "prestige" attached to it. You could give them a free parking space for a month but where? Fact is that active day to day participation is a very small percentage of the total membership.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is true. The difference from were each of us live is kinda trouble too.

Maybe you can get a decal maker to support the forum while they are advertised on the contest? That way the decal price goes lower?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Maybe you can contact KIA and get them to toss you some coupons for parts or service at dealerships. Surely KIA USA has $10 vouchers or something like that, that they would toss you so to help inspire brand loyalty. I know other manufacturers do it all the time for certain cars - Mazda Miata, Chevy Corvette, for example - that have strong followings and strong internet forums. When I had my Miata Mazda actually ran the contest for photo shoots & money on the forum.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe you can contact KIA and get them to toss you some coupons for parts or service at dealerships. Surely KIA USA has $10 vouchers or something like that, that they would toss you so to help inspire brand loyalty. I know other manufacturers do it all the time for certain cars - Mazda Miata, Chevy Corvette, for example - that have strong followings and strong internet forums. When I had my Miata Mazda actually ran the contest for photo shoots & money on the forum.
Thats perfect for the budget! This is the best idea that could motivate users... Trust me I love OEM parts and dislike most aftermarket untested parts.
I would definetly be entering each month for it LOL!

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,070 Posts
What about a Soul of the month Icon next to the user name or something?

Reactions: conwelpic
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.