Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kial Soul 2015 with the high end uvo navigational system. I updated my car over a year ago. I can't remember where I get the update though. I want to say it was this website: https://www.myuvo.com/features/index.shtml

But the website is broken it looks like. Clicking the "login" button leads to an error page. I'm not sure if the system has been updated since I last upgraded the firmware. Just to be clear, I'm not talking about map updates. I'm talking about the firmware update that added Android Auto. I was wondering if they added new features.

I keep on seeing articles online saying that Android Auto is being updated on cellphones. That's great news! All you'd need to do is update your phone's app.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I updated mine, but I think they dropped that feature and you have to find someone with the file or buy the update at the dealer.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
I updated mine, but I think they dropped that feature and you have to find someone with the file or buy the update at the dealer.

Awhile ago a owner could take the sd card and go on the internet and update it. I waited too long and can't find anyway to do this. I'm not really worried about the navigation, but I'd like to have Android Auto on mine. He who hesitates?

·
Registered
747 Posts
Awhile ago a owner could take the sd card and go on the internet and update it. I waited too long and can't find anyway to do this. I'm not really worried about the navigation, but I'd like to have Android Auto on mine. He who hesitates?
I have built in nav, but AA is nice when going thru congested areas since Google nav will reroute based on traffic. This saved my butt last year going thru the Gary/Chicago area.

I'll see if I still have the file when back home (away for weekend)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have built in nav, but AA is nice when going thru congested areas since Google nav will reroute based on traffic. This saved my butt last year going thru the Gary/Chicago area.

I'll see if I still have the file when back home (away for weekend)

You know what, this had me interested in finding the file since I keep most of my downloaded files. I found it. The .exe file name is your vin number (an easy way to find it is search your vin number using Windows search function on windows 10). The download is tied to your vehicle. I tried running the .exe and the first thing it tries to do is access a server to download, and that server no longer exists. It no longer works anymore. It looks like the only way to update your Nav system now is to have Kia do it.

I also found the original PDF file that explains how to use the downloader/installer. It's this PDF file:

Since the myuvo.com website for the most part is dead, (accept for it hosting that PDF file above) you can no longer access it to upgrade the firmware. I think the next step is for me to send a message to Kia and ask if there is another work around to get the firmware. I'm just curious if they ever updated it again. The last time I updated the firmware was in June 2018.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts