Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so maybe I'm an old geezer about this. Nonetheless, it irks the hell out of me to have to throw away perfectly good metal blades because the rubber is split.

In the not-so-long-ago days, you kept your metal part and refilled the rubber. It cost a buck or two. Not 20 bucks to replace wipers. I realize most people today are lazier than hell and don't want to be bothered, but not only is it cheaper to do refills, it's more enviro friendly.

So where are you guys that do like me and replace the rubber only, where do you get the refills from? I've found a couple of airmail from China places but I'm wondering if there isn't another North American option.

·
Registered
2012 Soul Plus. Automatic, 2.0 engine
350 Posts
I have to say that although i used to do as you wish I have gotten to replacing the whole blade as it seems that the ability to hold tight to the glass degrades over time.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have to say that although i used to do as you wish I have gotten to replacing the whole blade as it seems that the ability to hold tight to the glass degrades over time.
Yeah, I managed to pick up a couple replacements early on via rockauto, not sure if they still sell them. Since then I've just switched over to beam wipers.. they're much better!

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you are a group club member (Costco, Sams, BJ's, etc) they usually sell top quality brands for around 10 to 11 bucks each, and I know Sams will also install fir free. Not sure about others.

Walt

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I found Advance still sells the Trico refills. Look likes about 4 bucks per wiper. Not bad, with the cheapest full blade refill being 9 bucks each or so, but I think I can still do better than that. I might give the Chinese one a shot since it's free shipping if you don't mind the 25 day customs wait.

·
Premium Member
2017 KIA Soul base, Titanium. Bought some better taars.
2,615 Posts
I used to refill but AFAIK the new ones are not refillable. I've spend a few too many bucks on "research" this year because my Trico were streaking. I ended up with Bosch, which IMO are the best, after trying others.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OK, so maybe I'm an old geezer about this. Nonetheless, it irks the hell out of me to have to throw away perfectly good metal blades because the rubber is split.

In the not-so-long-ago days, you kept your metal part and refilled the rubber. It cost a buck or two. Not 20 bucks to replace wipers. I realize most people today are lazier than hell and don't want to be bothered, but not only is it cheaper to do refills, it's more enviro friendly.

So where are you guys that do like me and replace the rubber only, where do you get the refills from? I've found a couple of airmail from China places but I'm wondering if there isn't another North American option.
Got mine on eBay from China. Even got green silicone refills to match my Soul!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I used to refill but AFAIK the new ones are not refillable. I've spend a few too many bucks on "research" this year because my Trico were streaking. I ended up with Bosch, which IMO are the best, after trying others.
Bosch are the BOSS! I used em on my Jetta because hello Bosch, but I really liked the wipers. I've tried the Trico and they are ok, but not as good in the Winter.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yeah, I managed to pick up a couple replacements early on via rockauto, not sure if they still sell them. Since then I've just switched over to beam wipers.. they're much better!
What is a "Beam" wiper?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts