Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I swear I am useless without caffeine. The post title should read from "black to grey".

In any case, does anyone know when did Kia ditched the black headliner in favor of grey on the black interior? The all black interior of the 2014 Soul, as well as the power folding mirrors, are two things I really liked when the 2nd-gen launched. I'm sad to see this change. Since I'm planning on getting another Soul for our household this Fall I can only hope Kia brings them back for the refreshed 2017 model.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
as far as know the black headliner is only used on the models with the panoramic roof (as least that's the case here in Canada).

I have a 2016 SX (2nd from the top model) with a light grey headliner (have the black interior) and also I have the power folding mirrors - but then again Canadian models are not equipped the same as the US models so its really of no help.

It may also be a feature of some SE models, did it come with your SE model?

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
as far as know the black headliner is only used on the models with the panoramic roof (as least that's the case here in Canada).

I have a 2016 SX (2nd from the top model) with a light grey headliner (have the black interior) and also I have the power folding mirrors - but then again Canadian models are not equipped the same as the US models so its really of no help.

It may also be a feature of some SE models, did it come with your SE model?
I have the 2016 SX luxury with the panoramic roof and my headliner is definitely grey. My interior is black.

Pat.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I have the 2016 SX luxury with the panoramic roof and my headliner is definitely grey. My interior is black.

Pat.
I stand correct, I guess they keep changing it, as I was in a 2015 SX Luxury and it had a black headliner, so I presume it was a feature of the panoramic roof because of the all the light, personally I prefer a lighter headliner.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I love the black headliner and yes i have the panaramic...and i love the panaramic on this car, no other car is it as big far as ratio for car to sunroof, and no other car does it look so ****ing cool!!!! anybody who hates one is just jelouse their soul doesn't have one :p

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
I stand correct, I guess they keep changing it, as I was in a 2015 SX Luxury and it had a black headliner, so I presume it was a feature of the panoramic roof because of the all the light, personally I prefer a lighter headliner.
I prefer the lighter headliner as well, I have been in cars with an all black interior including the headliner. To me it is like driving in a cave.

Pat.

Reactions: JavaMeister
1 - 11 of 11 Posts