Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used Kia Soul 2012 and want to find out if a wheelchair lift can be used on it. The lift we have attaches to a trailer hitch.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
Welcome. I don't use a wheelchair but a transport chair. I found in my search that the WC lift would work but went to the transport chair to less the complications. It fits fine in the rear of the car and is easy to get in and out. I am assuming you are not talking about automated lifts which I did not explore. I only looked at bumper hitch devices. Just remember that the hitch for the Soul is the 1 and a quarter one, not the larger one.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just bought a used Kia Soul 2012 and want to find out if a wheelchair lift can be used on it. The lift we have attaches to a trailer hitch.
If you're talking power chair and a power lift, it will probably come close to or exceed the weight rating for the hitch. And that's assuming you can find a lift to fit the 1-1/4" hitch opening. I definitely would not consider one of those 1-1/4 to 2" adaptors. If memory serves, the tongue weight limit is 200#.
As to a manual chair, they fit fine inside with the seats down and still leave plenty of room for luggage.

·
Super Moderator
9,512 Posts
hello..
I am using a wheelchair lift.Last year i adopt wheelchair lift from Capital special vehicles company because of my friend.He is permanent in wheelchair.
Welcome. Perhaps you would prefer to enter an introduction post in the new member forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a 2020 Soul my wife is disabled. She's getting a power wheelchair. The chair is 225 lbs plus whatever the carrier weighs. The hitch receiver is 1 and 1/4 weight capacity is 200 lbs so I don't think I can do it

·
Registered
528 Posts
I just got a 2020 Soul my wife is disabled. She's getting a power wheelchair. The chair is 225 lbs plus whatever the carrier weighs. The hitch receiver is 1 and 1/4 weight capacity is 200 lbs so I don't think I can do it
Consider a portable lightweight wheelchair if it's within your say so. My relative has an Electra7. It's only 50lbs. I can pick it up and load it into the back of my Soul. She has a Tuscon and a pair of aluminum ramps and we can roll it in or out of the back. I haven't tried the ramps on my molten.

·
Registered
3 Posts
She has a wheelchair now Drive heavy duty. She's partially paralyzed she can't wheel herself. It easley fits in the back of the Soul and I don't have to put the back seats down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts