Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m having difficulty locating black wheel skins for my 2021 Soul. They don’t seem to be something that’s readily available. Does anyone know where I can find some?

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
I have to admit, that I've never heard them called that!!

Hub Caps, yes.....Wheel Covers, yes, , , but Wheel Skins, nah, nada, nicht, nunca. and NOT SO MUCH!

I can only assume, that you don't go shopping a lot, Eh? Personally, I just love to shop the Auto Parts Stores, like Pep Boys, where I've bought several sets of Wheel Covers over the years, and Auto Zone, where I bought my last set. They are Black with Chrome accents. Pretty cool, actually.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

The steel wheels got repainted with a rattle can, "RustOLeum Gloss Black".
It actually took me a month or so to find these. In the mean time I just drove around with shiny black wheels and Chrome lug nuts.
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

A little "Tire Shine" finishes off the look.

Good Luck,
FLH :cool:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
It's been my sad experience, that wheels can easily be damaged, and are expensive to replace. So I shy away from Alloy rims, in favor of the Steel Wheels which are cheaper and much easier to replace.
Wheel covers, when I started using them, cost less than $30, whereas today they are a bit more. But then everything else is too. But it's nice, that if one or more of my wheel covers gets road rash or more serious damage, I can just go back to the store and get a bright new set.
I had a set on my 2006 Suzuki Forenza, that I really liked, but I've never been able to find them again.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

Cheers Mate, and Good Luck on your search.

FLH :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also had never hear of the term wheel skins. But it’s my understanding they snap OVER the hubcaps if I’m not mistaken. This is where I first saw them.

Point is, I’m having trouble finding black ones that fit and thought I could find some to snap over my wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also had never hear of the term wheel skins. But it’s my understanding they snap OVER the hubcaps if I’m not mistaken. This is where I first saw them.

Point is, I’m having trouble finding black ones that fit and thought I could find some to snap over my wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

These are what I have.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
See? Those steel wheels turn from Black to grey in about a year, or less. They look really TACKY!!!
All it takes is a good cleaning and spraying with a spray can of Gloss Black paint.
OEM wheel covers bolt on, using the Lug Nuts. That means you have to jack up the car to just remove the wheel covers. Arggg! What a POS!

But, the After-Market wheel covers just SNAP onto the rims. That makes changing them, or just taking them off for a good cleaning, much simpler.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts