Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner
221 - 240 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Just got my new wheels on today! I had a set of studded winter tires that I wanted to use but they were 16 inch, not 18. So I got these MB Icons from Discount Tire and had them mounted up. Really liking the look. The snows are the exact same diameter as my 18 inch OEM tires, so no speedometer error at all.

When winter is over I guess I'll put the 18s back on but I like the look of these better. They just really look right on the car I think.

Are those snows on all four wheels? Is that how you run them in Boulder 'cuz of the mountains?

·
Registered
9 Posts
For anyone that might be looking for some wheels, I'm considering putting the Soul back to stock and would have these authentic 15x7" BBS RZ wheels and 195/65/15 Falken ZIEX ZE950 tires up for sale. Shoot me a message to [email protected] if you're interested. Wheels are straight, no bends, cracks, curb rash, etc. and the tires still have about 85% life on them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a chance to get a pair of 2014 Optima Aluminum 17" rims for cheep and wondered if anybody had used these before and if they would fit ok? [iurl="http://www.kiasoulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71058&d=1438630999"]
[/iurl]

I have a 2015 Soul Base MT w 16" stock tires and wheels now.

Also the dealer told me he would give me $250.00 on trade in if I bought wheels and tires from them. (my tires have 120 miles on them). Does that souund like a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
9,522 Posts
I have a chance to get a pair of 2014 Optima Aluminum 17" rims for cheep and wondered if anybody had used these before and if they would fit ok? [iurl="http://www.kiasoulforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=71058&d=1438630999"]
[/iurl]

I have a 2015 Soul Base MT w 16" stock tires and wheels now.

Also the dealer told me he would give me $250.00 on trade in if I bought wheels and tires from them. (my tires have 120 miles on them). Does that souund like a good deal.
What good are just two wheels? What are you going to do for the other two wheels? There is a thread on here about using Optima wheels that someone tried. http://www.kiasoulforums.com/25-soul-tire-wheel/10261-wheels-off-kia-optima.html This is the only reference to them that I recall.

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
looking good! any noticeable difference in gas mileage with the bigger/wider wheels?
Yes, but it varies. I actually get better mileage now when hypermilling, probably because the wheels spin faster now due to the added momentum when rolling in neutral. But during severe stop and go traffic I get worse mileage most likely because the new wheels are heavier. My old one were 16x6.5" stock rims and are about 9 lbs lighter for each rim and tire. That's around 36 lbs added weight in total with the new rims and tires. Thankfully my new tires are very comfortable and it rides better and has far less noise than my old ones despite the now smaller sidewall (94 mm vs 113 mm on the old ones). My old tires are Bridgestone Ecopia EP200 (205/55/R16) while my new ones are Accelera Phi (235/40/R19). As for handling, it's much better now since the wheels are much wider. Can easily take the corners in my usual route at least 15 kph faster and with less body roll.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that these wheels are technically OEM, but they didn't come on the car when I bought it. (For 2016, you have to get the "Umber Package," to get them, otherwise you're stuck with the 17" wheels.)

I tried SIX different Southern Cali Kia dealers and only ONE said they could order them for me. All the other said that wheel "wasn't available."

LOVE the way the wheels look with black inserts on my black car.

221 - 240 of 247 Posts