Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ECU has become the template for future Soul reflashes at SFR and in the same afternoon my wheels became the template for a customization project at NextMod.

Rachel now has the pattern for the centers of the wide solid spokes on the 4u alloys (like the car at the right side of this forum's header) in her computer. This means she can cut them in any of the huge variety of vinyl colors they stock. Rachel expected I would want them in black, but I lucked out because I wanted to do mine in body color or a facsimile thereof. They had just brought in a color almost identical to Lava!!!

When I get all 20 inserts in place (wish me luck), I will try to get a picture or two up here.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
You mean something like i came up with 2 months ago Gary?
Like these?:

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/40-sale-trade-wanted/9443-18-kia-wheel-custom-inserts-4-sale.html

Nextmod can only do it in one solid colour and not two colours like mine. Also, I am willing to bet that they charge you more than the $45 I charge for mine.
The reason i say that is because I asked them to do our Soul Club of Ontario Sticker and they wanted $5 per sticker and only in ONE colour. i got them done in 2 and 3 colours for $1 per sticker.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
for those of us in other countries and werent there.... what improvement does the "flash" do?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You mean something like i came up with 2 months ago Gary?
Like these?:

http://www.kiasoulforums.com/40-sale-trade-wanted/9443-18-kia-wheel-custom-inserts-4-sale.html

Marc, I don't have an iron in this fire. I had an afternoon to kill at Nextmod waiting for Jay to see if he could get the flash data back from Korea. I asked Peter and Rachel, who also were trying to occupy their time, about doing inserts, got a reasonable price quote, and then found the amazingly close colored vinyl.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for those of us in other countries and werent there.... what improvement does the "flash" do?
The horsepower and torque go up slightly, rev limits are raised, fuel economy is supposed to improve, and the Genesis Coupe drivers are saying on their forum that their cars are shifting smoother. Every one who had their cars done seemed happy, but I wasn't able to get mine done - this time!:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts