Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

wheel covers for kia soul steel wheels

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  larry_d 
#1 ·
2014 16" kia steel wheels with 16" kia plastic wheel covers.
Do the wheel covers bolt on with the lug nuts or are they supposed to clip on the wheel?
If bolt on, do they flap any on the edge?

Thanks,.........ldc

#2 ·
Ok, I'm confused, your 'Drives' says you have a 2013, but you're asking about wheels for a 2014 (and this is the wrong forum for questions about a 2014).

But just let me say, on my 2013 Base model, I did get the 15" steel wheels (which by the way, I LOVE) and yes they did come with those nerdly grey plastic wheel covers that are definitely held on by the lug nuts. Those were the first things that HAD to GO! And, I did get rid of them on 'Day #2'.

Since all five lug nuts have to come OFF, to remove those OEM wheel covers, you have to jack up at least one wheel at a time to safely remove them.

With the steel wheels, YES, you can buy After-Market wheel covers at Walmart or any Auto Parts store. (at least those around here)
I got my new wheel covers at 'Pep Boys'.

I love my steelies, but the OEM paint turned to light grey, after about a year, so I cleaned them up with lacquer thinner, then repainted them with High Gloss spray paint.
Now they look Great again.

Happy Holidays!

:cool:

#3 ·
The OEM covers bolt on. I got a set at CarID that clip on. I like them better than the OEMs.

#5 ·
Thanks all for the info, especially on where to get better looking covers.

For those who asked: I own a 2013! I do like how the 18" look but not how they ride.
On Craigs List, I picked up locally: An almost new set of 16" 2014 Kia Soul steels with covers - (no tpsm) to be used with snow tires this winter.
Also picked up a set of 2010 16" Kia Soul aluminums with four tires that will pass inspection - each wheel included the TPSMs
The price I paid for both sets of wheels combined came out to be less than what I would have to pay for two 18" replacement tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.