Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought a 'Shadow' Soul, I'm gonna have to buckle down on keeping her clean and shiny. What's your favorite wax and/or polish to use on your Soul? It's gonna be a while before I need to wax this one but I'd love to hear your opinions on what's good and what isn't...

·
Registered
183 Posts
Since I bought a 'Shadow' Soul, I'm gonna have to buckle down on keeping her clean and shiny. What's your favorite wax and/or polish to use on your Soul? It's gonna be a while before I need to wax this one but I'd love to hear your opinions on what's good and what isn't...
I prefer Rejex myself. It's not a wax but a polymer protectant. Lots of folks on the "nicer" car boards use it, and it seems to do the job.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
Basically, wax is wax. While many have a preference, in all reality they are really basically the same. I use stuff randomly, and can't say any brand has been any better than any other brand.

That being said, even with a new car a fresh coat of wax is a good thing to do. Buy a brand you have used before and liked, and wax your car.

I too have a black car, and keeping it shiny isn't as hard as you think. Pick yourself up a California Car Duster and use it between washings. That'll keep your beauty looking clean. Wipe down the rims every two or three days as well.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Meguiar's Tech Wax 2.......no contest. Easy on, easy off, no white residue.

·
Banned
1,609 Posts
I still cannot post a pic. I really, really, really hate this new forum design. And for the record...it's still slow. The only website I hit that is slow.

MT has the sweetest ride. If what he uses works that well, I may give it a shot myself. Easy on, easy off, and no residue is what I'm talkin' 'bout! The last wax I used was very hard to get off.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
MT has the sweetest ride. If what he uses works that well, I may give it a shot myself. Easy on, easy off, and no residue is what I'm talkin' 'bout! The last wax I used was very hard to get off.
You should try it out SJJ, it even polishes off easy in bright sunlight, so it should suit you in Texas ya'll.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
tons of threads on this subject and turtle wax's ice (paste for metal and liquid for bumper etc) still has my vote, which is saying much since i was a total meguiar's woman....really do think person that initially posted about it was right on and it kept my soul finish very protected - 2 chips in 2+ years i had it and it even got hit with salt from a truck the first winter....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Zaino

With a black car go with the Z5. Swirls will be a thing of the past. Long lasting and super easy to apply/ remove.
I totally agree, I like to layer a couple coats of Z5 with ZFX and a final coat of Z2 with Z6 in between each coat topped off with a clear-seal coat. Looks like glass!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just put a coat of the Tech Wax 2.0 on and it looks pretty good. I just wanted to get something on it to cover me through the winter and since we have a 50° day today, I decided to go ahead and get it done. I typically wax 3 times per year so I'll be looking to do it again in late April or Early May.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts