Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I imagine this thread will be moved from this area, but I don't care. I'm 26 years old, been married for 5, and I got my wife knocked up (FINALLY! as my mother-in-law would say). First baby on the way...... Holy crap. Anyway, I'm really excited and thought I'd tell you all.

·
Registered
8,359 Posts
Is the Soul gonna be big enough now or are you gonna be joining a people carrier forum? (you might as well cos you can kiss goodbye to any semblance of a regular sleeping pattern...lol).

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Congrats kfergies. The gene pool continues. I guess once your little kfergies arrives, you won't be on here too often as your real life will begin..lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
Congrats kfergiez! Took us 7 years... worth it (mostly), and if someone tells you that you need a car bigger than the Soul they're full of it, or don't know how to pack. Just don't fall for the "I need every piece of blolw-molded plastic baby crap known to man" syndrome. If you need more luggage capacity, get crossbars and a roof box, or a hitch and a smal trailer.

...but if you DO need a people carrier, I can heartily recommend the Odyssey... ours sits 1" lower on H&R springs and KYB gas shocks, and has placed pretty well in local autocrosses. Of course, we have the earlier, more sprightly 2003 model. The new ones are huge (-er).

·
Registered
124 Posts
congrats!!!

Don't worry everyone, he will stay around in the forum... after all, he will have time to post when he wakes up at midnight... 2 am.... 4 am.... 6 am.... :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
good job man! exciting time for sure. enjoy it, as a papa, i miss yesterday everyday.

it took 7 months for us to successfully identify my wife's ovuation, when we did the date was was 6-6-06.

she says "You think we could wait till tomorrow to do it? Last thing we need is some Damien type crap"

·
Registered
509 Posts
Congrats, kfergiez. Wait till the kid starts pestering you to borrow the Soul. :D

(Yeah, I know it's 15-16 years from now!)

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
By the way..that won't be 2 kfergiez! That would be 3 kfergiez. Don't you dare forget your wife at this point..... Shame on you! ;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In regards to a people carrier, I will avoid it at ALL COSTS!!! AHHH. But in all seriousness, I was watching Top Gear last night and saw the Skoda Yeti, it looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
518 Posts
240bhp, VTEC, redline almost 7000, electronic front limited-slip diff, trac and stab control, H&R springs, KYB shocks, 17lb 16" wheels with low-pro performance tires, stiff swaybars, and weight under 4000lb. 0-60 in the 7's, 0.80+g on the pad, and excellent transitional behavior. Sports sedan? Nyah, Honda Odyssey... <gasp> minivan.

kfergeiz, I TOTALLY understand the people carrier avoidance "thing", but with 3 kids it was inevitable for us - I just wasn't buying into the top heavy ill-handling huge squawling sidewalls SUV"thing" unless I needed a full-on Land Rover (which was considered!), and "crossovers" were far, far in the future back then.

We got the Odyssey... which I immediately proceeded to mod (wife gives angry glare) ... tastefully... (wife's glare eases a bit)... and only as the OE parts needed replacing (wife's eyes roll...) and once it was paid off and we had kids driving, she got HER car, which became the 5-speed Soul SE (wife smiles and swoons, husband sighs in relief!)

I tell you, though, it's a real treat to "track" a Minivan and gap folks in their Really Nice Sports Cars, especially when you're losing them in the twisty bits!!

(keep the Soul, just learn to pack well and don't bring the kitchen sink on trips - you'll be FINE with 1 or even TWO kids!!)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I fully understand the need for minivans, they are quite possibly the MOST utilitarian vehicle made. And I totally agree about the SUV mall-cruiser. I've owned my share of small trucks and a couple of 4Runners and I hate it when they are clean and not covered in dirt and crap, that's what they are for. But then my neighbor has a despicable Hummer H2 that is rolling on 32's and is all shiny, and the only thing I can think of is poser.

·
Registered
838 Posts
fergie, steer him/her right! my one and only is now 17(18 in june), self sufficient and confident. today just bought himself a bmer 330i coupe. nice car, set up for auto x.
but for now, you need to get yourself a JDM Honda Odyssey minivan just in case you haven't learned your lesson yet; fool around, have many bambino's...LOL
check it:
THE REAL JDM

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oh wow...... That's um.... special. I don't know if I could throw that much money at a minivan. Although, I am VERY impressed at the numbers those things crank out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts