Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys using to take the unbelievably strong adhesive of the car after removing the front badge? What are you using to reapply the emblem? See I hate chrome and don't want to spend the money on new emblems. I removed the front emblem and painted it black to match my car. I am going to put it back on but cant find the same kind off tape they used at the factory:mad:

·
Registered
690 Posts
What are you guys using to take the unbelievably strong adhesive of the car after removing the front badge? What are you using to reapply the emblem? See I hate chrome and don't want to spend the money on new emblems. I removed the front emblem and painted it black to match my car. I am going to put it back on but cant find the same kind off tape they used at the factory:mad:
I use rubbing alcohol to soak the residue and rub it off with cloth and/or soft plastic scraper. tape used is double-sided 3M which can be found anywhere.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Use goof-off to remove left over adhesive, use 3m automative double sided tape to reapply. One hint when doing removal, use fishing line to gently "saw" off the applied part.

-Pete

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used some goo gone and a whole lot of elbow grease! lol its off now just waiting for the clear coat to dry and back on it will go.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I use 90% alcohol, Goo-Gone is good also byt I've heard that is removes some of the finish also. Alcohol dosn't.

·
Registered
590 Posts
One of the best things to use to remove goo is a product called Bestine. You will find it at arts & craft places like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. It's listed as a rubber cement thinner / cleaner, but it works great on just about any adhesive.

I'm not fond of Goo Gone because it really srtinks and takes a while to go away (it's greasy). The Bestine evaporates 100% totally away.

I've used Bestine on my cars, and all sorts of other things. It words great getting that sticky crap off of CD cases.

Here's a link to it on Amazon....and a pic below....
Amazon.com: Best-Test Bestine Solvent and Thinner pint: Kitchen & Dining

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is at the dealership getting painted. Some scratches that where there when I purchased it. When I get it back tomorrow I will post pics of the finished emblem. I may even redo it to get better results. I just scuffed up the chrome plating and painted it. I think I may take it off strip the chrome totally and then dye it black instead. If I strip it and dye it I will give step by step pics and instructions. Thanks for all the input it was very helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts