Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

What was your 'clincher' moment?

4K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  SamuraiJack 
#1 ·
What was your 'clincher' moment? At what point did you decide to buy your car?

My 'clincher' moment was looking under the front of the car, and realizing that I can change the oil and filter without using ramps. Also having a drain plug on the automatic transmission pan was a definite plus!

Dealer almost ruined it for me though. Paperwork was messed up and I wasn't able to transfer my plates :mad:, and the salesman was mainly concerned about getting the '10' on the followup call from KIA. Sorry, only got an 8.

So far, only drove it from the dealer to the house. Wife has taken it over and haven't been in it since.

#2 ·
Mine would have to be the test drive. I went with my dad on Sunday because the can't sell on that day. Looked at every car make model. Dad pointed out the Soul and I was like nope and didn't even look at it. Passed it over. On Monday I went and test drove the ones I really liked and had a manual. Hated the ones I liked and just so happen to say what the hell and pulled in as I was passing. Went in and test drove it. Loved it felt like I was in a big car. Didn't like the deal they were trying to give me in my town so I drove 60 miles South and got the hook up!!

#3 ·
I'd have to say it was sliding into the driver's seat for the first time. After seeing the commercials, I really expected it to "sit" like a subcompact, such as a Mazda 3 or the Honda Fit, and was pleasantly surprised at its taller stance. I was coming from a Dodge Durango (very high seating position) and have a bad left knee, so wasn't looking for something I'd have to lower myself into every time I got into it. The Soul is very comfortable to get into, aside from its other charms.

#9 ·
I wanted to upgrade from my much liked 2001 Honda Cr-v LX. My plan was to get a 2nd gen 2005-06 Cr-v ex. I know the cr-v is a great car, rides decent, etc., etc.
However, while shopping for one via the local dealers, individual sellers, and ebay, a good low mileage unit was going for $16k. Of course, out of warranty. So I figured at that price I could get something new with a warranty.
So, I started looking at new cars and the choices were XB, Soul, Fit. After all the research and pricing, obviously, I chose Soul for the long warranty and handeling. The Fit interior made me feel like I was in a fish bowl. The XB interior made me feel l was in a Russian Tribant - awful interior.
The Soul is what it is. A great package at a decent price. phillip

#11 ·
I passed by the dealer and they had 2 on the front row, hmmm that's a neat looking vehicle. Passed the dealer a few more times in the course of a week or so and figured i would just stop and take a look, done some research...Now, after three weeks of haggling I hope to finalize tomorrow!

#12 ·
On the Saturday afternoon when we were shopping for cars our last stop was a Kia dealer. We looked at but did not drive 10 or so Souls on the lot. Later that evening we did our research on the internet and at that time we pretty much had our mind made up. The next day, Sunday we test drove and purchased our Soul + although it was from another dealer as we didnt like the high pressure we were getting from the first dealer. Fortunately we have two Kia dealerships in town and had a choice of 20 or so Souls.

#13 ·
Looking at a Ford Taurus 2010. I took my dad to lunch and he suggested we go and look at the Kia soul. Having already looked at the dealers site, I knew they didn't have one so we just went to look at information from the dealer to get a feel for there sales pitch. After asking about the soul, my dad said before he would entertain further discusions he would have to make sure that I could get into one. (messed up my knees and back a little, hard to get in and out of a car easy) the dealer said one just came in and for us to take a look. Door opened and in I sat and my dad said ok. dealer and him went in to talk price and 15 minutes later he said I have a new car. I told my dad I couldn't afford a car payment right now and he said he purchased it for me. He said the look on my face was priceless. It was more than I was looking at but will not complain about it one bit. Thank you dad.

#14 ·
I needed to get something a little larger than my VW Bug. I looked at a Scion XD, liked the way it drove, an XB, hated the exterior, and Honda Fit, disliked the interior, plus it didn't interface with an Ipod. You could run through it aux, then have to control the Ipod from the Pod. The Soul had the headroom, legroom, and the amenities I was looking for. After sitting in both the front and back seats, I was pretty much sold on it. I would have to say the test drive clinched for me. :)

#17 ·
I wanted a car that could carry me and some of my friends with everyone being comfortable, but I didn't want a SUV or a minivan. The vehicle had to be attractive and cheep on gas.

The clincher was when I sat in the rear seats with both the driver's seat and passanger's seat in the furthest back position and both being reclined normally.
At over six foot tall with long legs I was impressed with the amount of room I had.

#20 ·
Well when I first saw the commercial I was like wow that car is out there, and that car is me.

I guess the actually clincher moment was when I totaled my other car, checked the savings and blue book on what I would get... saw they were having a 0% thing online, and I was like well looks like I am getting a soul heh.

#21 ·
For me, I'd looked at the Fit, Caliber, Rogue, Civic, Vue, Santa Fe and Fusion. The pre-hampster commercials got me interested. Drove all the way to the far north side of the county to see one up close, but they only had Auto trans and it was raining and getting dark so I decided to wait on the test drive. The sport called to me immediately, but in Silver or black instead of the molten I originalyl wanted. In addition to the interior, all the 'nerd' functions of the upgraded audio really drew me in as well as all the options to pimp my ride later on.. (My altima at 210k miles was pretty much past the 'pimping' stage at this point... ) finally found a dealer in town with an 09 Fit sport MT to test drive and he happened to be right next to a Kia dealer who has a Sport MT so I drove one then the other.. the extra HP, the roominess and the cabin feeling like I was sitting in out trailblazer really did it... then when you added in the other options I couldnt stop talking about the car for the next couple months.. had to wait until late June after shopping in early april, but it was worth it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.