Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I turned my A/C on in my 2014 Kia Soul Exclaim and a white powdery substance that looked like a fog came out of the driver side vent. I held my hand to it and created a light filmy texture on my hand and has an intensely sweet smell. It stopped after about 25 seconds. I called my service department at the dealership and he said if it happens again to come in.
Today I turned my A/C on and the same happened but from all the vents in the front of the car. I turned the A/C off and let the fan run with the window cracked and about 10 minutes I turned the A/C back on and powdery substance came out again. Immediately called the dealership and dropped it off. After 3 hours they say they cannot replicate the powdery substance.
I wasn’t driving on a dusty/dirt road, the A/C was on the lowest setting and it has only happened twice. Anyone have any idea about what that is? I’ve googled and now I’m paranoid.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Wait till your engine is cold, remove the engine coolant filler cap and smell the coolant. Is it the same smell?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
No powders will get through your Pollen filters. Most likely the car has been on recycle mode and not fresh air mode and filter has acted like a vacuum cleaner bag (static). collecting dust from car and usually mould builds up on heat exchanger.

Jeff

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
what is Whi :think - can you be more clear on the title for the thread for future reference (mod can you fix this)

·
Registered
2014 Titanium Stick Shift Pacific NW
7,606 Posts
Like Jeff said, make sure you haven't been running mostly with recirculated air. This is a bad habit to get into & can lead to other problems including mold.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
My question is 'Whi' didn't ya post it in the correct forum.
This is NOT the 2014 forum!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
552 Posts
I think it is just humid as hell being in NC and the AC set on recirculate mode and it was just condensation, It happens a lot in the high humidity areas. I see it quite often. It looks like it is blowing fog out the vents and if you keep it on for a bit the vents will seem to be sweating.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts