Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to know what other year motor would fit into my 2015 Kia Soul plus it take a 2.0l engine my motor just went out on my at 76000 the motor is locked and it didn’t even give me a warning sign just shut off while driving i can’t find any 2015 motors for under 3000!!

·
Registered
14,775 Posts
are you the second owner?

Why do you feel it needs a total engine replacement?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey and thanks for responding! I am the second owner purchased the car last year in May with 52,000 miles on it now it has 76000 i was driving the car and everything was fine and then it started making a ticking noise the engine light flashed and the oil light flashed then it shut offf! I had to get it towed to my home and i had the starter and battery tested both came back good by car will not turn over just a click noise i had someone try and turn the camshaft to see if it moves at all and it won’t turn so they advised the motor was locked due to the oil level but i had no indication it was low it drive perfect the night before

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Low oil failures are like that. As long as there's enough oil to pump through the engine, all will seem fine. Then it gets to a certain point where that doesn't happen, and it's sudden death.

Are you looking at new engines? That sounds a bit high to me. There are a bazillion or so of these engines out there.

Richard

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Would someone, OP or Mod,
Please retitle this thread to,
'What other year engines fit my 2015 soul+ 2.0?'
Thank you for doing that! Some of the thread titles like "Question on my Soul" or "About my car" basically sends it into oblivion. Folks should try to think about putting KEY-Searchable words in the title, for best results. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
your exactly right! I have been searching for used engines honestly didn’t want to buy a brand new one but I’m not having any luck finding any used ones at junkyards or anything since the car is not that old most have 2013 2.0 l engines but i haven’t found any for 2014-2015 yet not sure if any other year will fit my 2015 ! Any ideas as to where else i May look for an engine

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
your exactly right! I have been searching for used engines honestly didn’t want to buy a brand new one but I’m not having any luck finding any used ones at junkyards or anything since the car is not that old most have 2013 2.0 l engines but i haven’t found any for 2014-2015 yet not sure if any other year will fit my 2015 ! Any ideas as to where else i May look for an engine
Have you checked with these people?

https://www.sharperedgeengines.com/2015-kia-soul-remanufactured-engines

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Another option I often suggest, if you're not in a hurry, is to ask a high school, college, or trade school that teaches auto repair if they want to rebuild your engine. Typically the owner pays for the parts and the students do the work under supervision.

Not every seized engine can be rebuilt, by the way. But many can. It depends on a lot of factors, such as the speed and load when the seize occurred and whether the sudden stop caused other damage to the internals. The problem is that sometimes you can't tell whether it's repairable until you do at least a partial teardown. If students do that and find it can't be fixed, you're not out anything for the teardown labor.

It's just something to think about.

Richard

·
Super Moderator
7,742 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
If you replace it, I'd suggest keeping the old engine for the eventual lawsuit, seems enough people have had this in the 15 year that something will be coming.

I'm thinking the 2.0 engine from the Forte may be the same, but not certain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all i plan to replace the engine they are not able to rebuild my engine now the search is on for one that is under 3000 which is the hard part

1 - 13 of 13 Posts