Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,163 Posts
Shaggy is right, 2012, it was optional in the Plus with the Audio upgrade package and standard on the Exclaim.

What vehicle do you have ngrame? (fill out your drive info (settings/edit profile)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shaggy is right, 2012, it was optional in the Plus with the Audio upgrade package and standard on the Exclaim.

What vehicle do you have ngrame? (fill out your drive info (settings/edit profile)
Thank you guys for the replies. I'm new here trying to be a Soul owner, actually the car is for my wife. Please see my first post in the New Member Introductions. But I am looking for a used Kia Soul, cannot afford totally new but in my research and information provided through the helpful member in this forums so far, these are my preferences:

If I get a 2010-2011, I prefer one with a 1.6L engine because I heard it has a timing chain versus a timing belt. Pre-2012 models with 2.0L engines have timing chains.

Otherwise 2012 and later models are fine if they fit in my price range from $7500-$9500 or lower :smile:

The backup camera is just a plus, as is alloy wheels, and moonroof, I'm just fine with the base model unless there's something else I should consider with the higher trims.

Edit: I actually saw a couple 2014's for around $8000 with 35K and 65K miles, but I have to go a long ways to get them...

Thanks!

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,163 Posts
Thank you guys for the replies. I'm new here trying to be a Soul owner, actually the car is for my wife. Please see my first post in the New Member Introductions. But I am looking for a used Kia Soul, cannot afford totally new but in my research and information provided through the helpful member in this forums so far, these are my preferences:

If I get a 2010-2011, I prefer one with a 1.6L engine because I heard it has a timing chain versus a timing belt. Pre-2012 models with 2.0L engines have timing chains.

Otherwise 2012 and later models are fine if they fit in my price range from $7500-$9500 or lower :smile:

The backup camera is just a plus, as is alloy wheels, and moonroof, I'm just fine with the base model unless there's something else I should consider with the higher trims.

Edit: I actually saw a couple 2014's for around $8000 with 35K and 65K miles, but I have to go a long ways to get them...

Thanks!
your right the 1.6L always had a timing chain, the 2.0L did not get it till the 2012 model as it was a totally new engine (actually called a Nu series engine), which is what it is today but it became a GDI with the G2 model in 2014.

What kind of transmission, if manual then you will be restricted to years and engine sizes depending on the year. You can always add an after market backup camera to any model that doesn't have it.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Exclaim
8,085 Posts
I just purchased a backup camera that was OEM on the Hyundai Genesis. It replaces one of the license plate lights with a unit that has the camera built into it. I'll update this thread after the installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Kia Soul, 1.6 Automatic, Base
130 Posts
I just purchased a backup camera that was OEM on the Hyundai Genesis. It replaces one of the license plate lights with a unit that has the camera built into it. I'll update this thread after the installation.
I guess you gave up? LOL

·
Registered
667 Posts
The backup camera on the Soul has a much clearer view then on a lot of the $80k and up cars I have driven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts