Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my tire repair kit inside of my 2012 Base, there is this ring-like bolt. What the heck does it do or where does it go? The instructions don't show any use for it, and I see nowhere that it can be attached to.

Attachments

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,156 Posts
and to expand on zerogee response...........page 6/28 in the US 2012 owners manual. :sneakiness:

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It's called the Front Tow Loop.

It goes into a threaded receiver that sits behind your front bumper, and behind a little door that you have to pry out with something like a pocket screwdriver.

So it's a good idea to keep a small screwdriver packaged with that tow loop.

It actually WORKS! I had to use it one day when I got my back wheels stuck in a deep rut and I had to get a buddy with a big Mud Truck pull me out. Having my own 6000#, 24', tow strap didn't hurt either.

Later on, that same day, my rescuer needed a battery re-charge. Gertrude was eager to help out.

It's a TOW HOOK, part of your emergency equipment, so keep in in your car at all times and know how to use it.

I wanted to pull a Mercedes out of a sand pit one day, and I couldn't because some idiot had taken the tow hook out of the car.
And, there was no good place under the front of the car to attach a tow strap. *

* And, wouldn't you know it.....My own Tow Loop would not work because the threaded hole on the Mercedes was smaller than mine.

So, after dropping the driving wheels/tires down to about 20psi, and with five guys pushing, we managed to back the Mercedes out of the sand it was stuck in.

Have a great 2016!
TechnoMage :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! Awesome! Well done Techno :applause: :very_drunk: I will keep it in a safe place! And get a new pair of jumpers to keep handy so I can return a favor like you did

1 - 7 of 7 Posts