Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add tint to the front windows, but I don't know what to get to match the back windows. I have the Soul !.

I looked it up on the DMV website for my state (Oklahoma). It says something about the reflection and the transparency(?). Both of them were 25%. One was "not less than" and the other was "not more than". Maybe... "not more than 25% reflection, and not less than 25% darkness"? Does that sound right? Or... "not more than 25% darkness, and not less than 25% reflection"? I don't remember. And my battery went dead before I could copy/paste the section to Word. Now I can't remember what website it was. grrrrrrhhhh...

Anyway, if I could figure out what the existing tint is, maybe I could just match it and still be legal. Anyone know what the existing tint % is? Thanks.
-tam

·
Registered
117 Posts
It is not exactly tint, since it is embedded in the glass, it's privacy glass and it is about 20%.

Cheers,

SOUL4U
If we're getting technical, darkening the windows isn't really tinting them. Tints are colors with white added, shades are colors with black added.

/artschooleducationrant

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
If we're getting technical, darkening the windows isn't really tinting them. Tints are colors with white added, shades are colors with black added.

/artschooleducationrant
LOL... I am aware of that however Tint is a film placed over the glass to darken the windows, and since this is embedded it is missing the film part. However thanks for informing all those who didnt know...and I will add neither black or white is a colour.

Cheers,

SOUL4U

·
Registered
925 Posts
We have tint laws here in IL too.I still had 5% put on all the back windows and 20% on the front 2.It's dark and looks awesome.I had the same setup on my H3 and never even got a second look from police.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here in Jersey any tints on the front window is illegal but it weather you get pulled over for it usually depends on the car. In my town at least they like to pull over younger drivers for stuff like that then use excuses to search the car, so newer cars don't usually get pulled over for tints.

My brothers old 92 integra would get pulled over all the time for it yet his girlfriends 05 acura RSX which has had some fairly dark tints since about a week after it left the dealer new hasn't been pulled over for it once.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts