Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

So I've got a 2015 + model with the UVO package (ie, the UVO without navigation). If you look at the attached screen captures from my smartphone's UVO app, you can see that the total mileage at the top (odometer reading) is not the same as the total distance driven halfway down the screen. And it seems the gap between the two numbers is increasing.

Why is the total distance driven different from the reading on the odometer? The monthly breakdown isn't accurate either. As seen in the last image, it only shows that I've driven 11 miles in July, when that number is closer to 19. Does it have anything to do with when bluetooth is on or if the app is open on my phone when I'm driving?

Thanks for reading.

photo.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

·
Registered
94 Posts
It has to do with when you lasted synced the UVO app via the USB port in the car.

Mine is different for a different reason. My phone has connected and synced a couple of times but most of the time it say my phones not compatible with UVO.

Kia needs to get their UVO service up to par.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I should mention that my Soul is a 2015, so it wouldn't have details for any other year. I sync via Bluetooth -- I'm not sure if it can do it via USB.

It's gotta have something to do with when the app is active. My app doesn't show any information for April; I don't think I set my UVO system up until May. I think if you push the "eservices guide" button on the touch screen, it connects you to UVO headquarters. If I talk to someone there, I'll post back here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
UVO ONLY works through USB and it doesn't work for a lot of phones.

KIA needs to get their act together with the UVO interfaces.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I finally got around to doing more research on this. Basically, Kia has no idea.

Wedge, your phone may be different, but I can only sync the UVO app via Bluetooth, not USB. I spoke to Kia customer service on the phone, and the representative had no idea how the app worked, but he did agree to do some research and call me back. When he did, all he could tell me was that the app won't record your mileage if your trip is less than one mile. But that still didn't account for my discrepancy (which grew from 117 miles when I first posted this to 149 miles now.) Basically I've learned to ignore that lower number on the app; the correct odometer reading is at the top of the app and on the myuvo.com website. (I actually have issues with another number on the website -- it shows my idle time is almost twice the hours I've driven, which seems out of whack.)

I also got another piece of information in my conversations with Kia: They have not yet figured out how UVO will work after you hit your 10-year mark. The website and some other fine print says UVO is offered free for your first 10 years. I asked them what happens after that, and they said it's still being decided.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts