Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I just got a salvaged Soul that was stolen by a crack head (literally found a crack pipe in the trunk compartment when I was cleaning it out) and amongst all the trash there was some kind of blue sound mixer or controller that was ripped open, ... Maybe about the size of an average sandwich... and I threw it away...
But now that I'm vacuuming all the nooks and crannies, I noticed a compartment under the driver's side seat, where the carpet is molded up into a little hollow square... About the size of that blue box that I pitched.... Can anyone tell me that I didn't just throw away some important part of the sound system??! o_O
Errrg.
(It's a base model, so I'm not ruling out the possibility that there would be something fancy under there on a higher end model but they just use the same carpet (?)...
Google is not helping me out here so maybe someone here knows what I'm talking about.

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh geeze. I hope it's nothing to do with the airbag! @[email protected] Guess I'll take it in to the the parts department and see if they know what should be there (if anything). Thanks for that!! It never occurred to me that it might be something that crucial!

·
Registered
243 Posts
The SRS (Airbag) controller is actually up under the cup holders, it's a medium-small sized metallic enclosure.

What OP is asking about should be the Yaw Rate Sensor under the carpet under the seat, it's a smaller black plastic box.

Attached to the actual seat should be a 'Weight Classification Module' tucked pretty close to the cushion, it's also a little black box. It's related to the passenger airbag turning on and off.

If you're missing any of the 3 modules you'll get an Airbag or Traction Control (or both) light on the dash when you turn the car on, but nothing catastrophic should happen.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Under my passenger seat is a amplifier for the sound system. A rectangular box. I have a decked out ! and I don't think they all have this, but I am not sure.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts