Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's about an 8 inch diameter item on the right side wall of the luggage area on my 2016 Soul+ . It looks like an access port but I tried twisting it and I couldn't turn it with reasonable force. I don't want to break anything so let me ask
-should it turn?
-what direction?
-what's behind it?

Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
^^ Exactly. I can see how that cross piece could look like a handle to turn though. I use it as a cubby to hold a bag with little adaptors & cables I occasionally need for work. For what its worth... I think it looks like a smiley face when its empty :joyous:
21.jpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
There's about an 8 inch diameter item on the right side wall of the luggage area on my 2016 Soul+ . It looks like an access port but I tried twisting it and I couldn't turn it with reasonable force. I don't want to break anything so let me ask
-should it turn?
-what direction?
-what's behind it?

Thanks
I have a big speaker in mine

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's the location of the subwoofer, for the cars with advanced audio options. Strange that the OP's + does not have that. Probably it doesn't have the central speaker on dashboard either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That's the location of the subwoofer, for the cars with advanced audio options. Strange that the OP's + does not have that. Probably it doesn't have the central speaker on dashboard either.
My 17+ doesn't have either. either. :wink: The extra speakers/subwoofer weren't standard on the Plus unless the original owner paid for the entertainment upgrade or added aftermarkets.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the 2017+ and have the wasted circle in the luggage area and another wasted circle in the center of the dash top. Both kinda look ridiculous. It seems to me that the newer plus models have less features than the older base model. I bought my car used so had no input in regard to features. I stuffed plastic grocery bags into the luggage circle (they can come in handy for lots of things).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts