Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was hoping to get a check to confirm if the pricing I received is a good deal. Here is what I was quoted:

1) $24K freight, tax, rain guards included. The dealerships said that they would not charge for the additional fees although I'm unclear if this is actually a true cost or just a way to make the sale look better. The fees are: admin fees ($399) , PDI (dealership inspection fees - $299), wheel lock ($99) and Kia protection plan ($399).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Hahaha. That's a new one "Dealer Inspection Fee" - lol. Do they have a fee for turning on their lights too? Accounting? We switched the lights on at the dealership today, add a $49 charge to every vehicle on the lot and if they complain offer to not charge it, thus making it seem like they are getting a SUPER deal.

And I thought the dealers down here had the market cornered on bogus charges. :laughonfloor

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I presume that is Markham, Ontario, would help if you would make that clearer in the location profile, as this is a world wide forum. What dealership are you dealing with, we have many members in the Toronto area and can help you with your purchase. Many members have purchased from Rob at Scarborough Kia who treats everyone fairly (he is Soul4u on the forum and you could PM him http://www.kiasoulforums.com/members/697-soul4u.html) he will guide you even if you don't purchase from him.

You can also pay $40 to Car Cost Canada for dealer costs. Also you didn't specify which 2u, is it manual or auto as there is $1200 difference between the two. Is there any trade involved?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback and yes, I am from Markham, Ontario.

The 2u i'm looking at is the auto and no trade is involved.

·
Registered
53 Posts
using the shopping tools at kia.ca to price a 2l 2u automatic (with no color charge) and using the finance column I get a grand total of $24,384.27 (taxes,freight included)

you are definately in the ballpark of what they have on their website .
I'm not sure how much wiggle room each dealership has to haggle though

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
specials on KIA Canada website change each month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts