Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took a spin in a 2014 base and really liked it. From earlier photos, my first choice was a bright blue plus. But neither the brochure or Kia web site shows this blue. Wonder what happened, it looked like a great color.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Looks like inverted color/photoshop from bright red. Notice the blue taillights and lavender background. I don't get why there isn't a similar blue available either. Eye catching,fun color.

I drove a new base. Nice,but some 'soul' has been isolated away. Feels heavier and kind of rubbery. I'm sure I could adjust,but the 'go-kart' fun feel of the original is muted. We currently own a '12 + and a '12 ! They may be as refined as I care to feel in a Soul,especially with the higher $$ on the 2014's.

I MAY trade the ! for a new Cherokee(when they finally show up) if I lose my senses and get good trade $$ for the ! As is,we really enjoy our Souls.

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like inverted color/photoshop from bright red. Notice the blue taillights and lavender background. I don't get why there isn't a similar blue available either. Eye catching,fun color.

I drove a new base. Nice,but some 'soul' has been isolated away. Feels heavier and kind of rubbery. I'm sure I could adjust,but the 'go-kart' fun feel of the original is muted. We currently own a '12 + and a '12 ! They may be as refined as I care to feel in a Soul,especially with the higher $$ on the 2014's.

I MAY trade the ! for a new Cherokee(when they finally show up) if I lose my senses and get good trade $$ for the ! As is,we really enjoy our Souls.

I thing you're right. Not a bad photoshop, but still a nice blue. Too bad it's likely not available on the Soul. Although I believe I've seen Kia Forte's with the bright blue.

Maybe a blue rocker panel decal on a black 2014 would be the next best thing

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
yes another bad print job, they did something similar and created a orange/rust colour on one of the press released photos.

·
Registered
608 Posts
The new Forte bright blue is REALLY nice and I think would fit the "spirit" of the Soul perfectly. I have already posted these thoughts on Kia's Facebook page. I'm sure the factory guys are scrambling to take my advice. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
The blue in the picture is a photoshop by one of the forum members here, they also did one in magenta.
I am waiting to buy a 2014 plus and haven't settled on a color yet. Frankly the Soul colors are crappy chioces that are drab don't suit the car's "fun" appeal. An electric metalic blue, apple metalic red, and plain (non metalic) orange would have been better chioces.
Has Kia fixed the problem of the paint chipping badly? I see a lot of old posts where that was a common problem. I'm thinking of going with white but I do a lot of highway driving and don't know if this paint is going to be okay.

·
Registered
608 Posts
As I like the made-up blue in the photo...I'm struck by how to my eye that it looks like a non-metallic blue, which I would love and would set it apart from a lot of today's cars.

·
Premium Member
2015 Kia Soul + / Bright Silver / 2.0L (GDI) 4-Cyl Engine 6-Speed Automatic Trans
3,014 Posts
I have been complaining to KIA about a decent blue ever since the first Soul's came out. I even had them scour the country for a Denim when I was wanting to buy. Ended up with an Optima that she hated. Oh well if there was a Blue we would be a 2 Soul house. :(

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
I saw a new Cadenza a few days ago, with a dark metalic blue that really looked nice.

If I ever have to have my Gertrude repainted, it will be with Cobalt Blue, like my 2006 Forenza.

By the way, I'm still looking for a set of those wheel covers for Gertrude.

Cheers mates!
TM :cool:

PS: I thought the photoshop paint job was way too apparent, and not a color I'd care to live with.

·
Registered
2020 Soul EX
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The blue in the picture is a photoshop by one of the forum members here, they also did one in magenta.
I am waiting to buy a 2014 plus and haven't settled on a color yet. Frankly the Soul colors are crappy chioces that are drab don't suit the car's "fun" appeal. An electric metalic blue, apple metalic red, and plain (non metalic) orange would have been better chioces.
Has Kia fixed the problem of the paint chipping badly? I see a lot of old posts where that was a common problem. I'm thinking of going with white but I do a lot of highway driving and don't know if this paint is going to be okay.

Too bad Kia didn't listen to the Forum member and offer the bright blue as an option. Odd that many of the new 2014 Soul colors are so muted. One would think that the style suits brighter colors, but I guess I'm showing my age and the target under 29 demographic likely prefers the available more muted colors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Has Kia fixed the problem of the paint chipping badly?
If my 3 week old Molten Red paint is any indication, then the answer is a resounding NO! I was terribly disappointed at the number of chips I found on my hood the first time I washed my Soul after one week of ownership. :mad:

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
All depends on your location chips can happen on any vehicle, I've owned mine for 2 years and don't have a single chip on the hood - if I do its hard to find, the previous KIA I owned for 4 years I only had a couple that were hardly noticeable.
All paints for any make of vehicle are water based, but I've had chips on vehicles from decades ago, so I don't think that has that much to do with it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All depends on your location chips can happen on any vehicle, I've owned mine for 2 years and don't have a single chip on the hood - if I do its hard to find, the previous KIA I owned for 4 years I only had a couple that were hardly noticeable.
All paints for any make of vehicle are water based, but I've had chips on vehicles from decades ago, so I don't think that has that much to do with it.
Ford still uses solvent based paint at some plants. They somehow reclaim the overspray and burn it for heat. I does seem to not chip as easily.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts