Kia Soul Forums :: Kia Soul Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 long time people I haven't seen around here in a while. Hope these guys are still kicking, even if not in a Soul...

·
Registered
320 Posts
I just pmed Shaggy Weirdo the other day. As for TechnoMage. Its been awhile since he has posted hasn't he? We should raid his home and make him post!

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
I am still here and mostly just monitor for scammers and arguments. It does get kind of difficult over time to keep responding to the same questions (when do I change my oil) over and over without any research on the topic. As for Technomange, I am not sure how much he is willing to reveal but I believe that he has suffered from some burn out also. He does not respond under the Technomange title any more that I know of but he still monitors the traffic on the site. He does respond occasionally; but you need to know how to look for it.

Not sure how Conwelpic keeps it up.

·
Registered
used to own a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
15,165 Posts
I am still here and mostly just monitor for scammers and arguments. It does get kind of difficult over time to keep responding to the same questions (when do I change my oil) over and over without any research on the topic. As for Technomange, I am not sure how much he is willing to reveal but I believe that he has suffered from some burn out also. He does not respond under the Technomange title any more that I know of but he still monitors the traffic on the site. He does respond occasionally; but you need to know how to look for it.

Not sure how Conwelpic keeps it up.
it's a challenge at times, like you its not easy to keep answering the same questions over and over again (and keep your cool) - I still think there should be a section of FAQ, might be easier than people using the search engine on the site which seems to elude the vast majority.

·
Super Moderator
9,513 Posts
it's a challenge at times, like you its not easy to keep answering the same questions over and over again (and keep your cool) - I still think there should be a section of FAQ, might be easier than people using the search engine on the site which seems to elude the vast majority.
I have long thought that an index of topics with threads that are relevant to informative could be included. But that is a lot of work but doable. I don't however believe that a FAQ would work. After all I put together the intro area and most folks go right past it even with the blatant advertising on my posts. But regardless, either one would give the respondents links to past discussions to paste into responses.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have long thought that an index of topics with threads that are relevant to informative could be included. But that is a lot of work but doable. I don't however believe that a FAQ would work. After all I put together the intro area and most folks go right past it even with the blatant advertising on my posts. But regardless, either one would give the respondents links to past discussions to paste into responses.
It doesn't help that some old topics/tutorials dont have pictures anymore. Bad hosting etc of those images. I think we just need more stickies and maybe a easier way to navigating through all that past junk. You guys gave me the idea to make another "how I change my oil" thread though haha

·
Registered
811 Posts
At a certain time it all becomes mundane and pedestrian for some. Answering the same questions, listening to the know-it-all bullies who have nothing to say important or constructive. Unfortunately, stupid behavior, snide remarks and or comments, have become a thing of norm on open public forums. It's that "safe" feeling of being that allows some to be rude and disrespectful on line...not unlike what society is becoming in the real world. It's kind of like a reality show you see on any given channel these days. Take it or leave it, enjoy the good, filter the crap and don't pee into the fan.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Old posts but I just found them doing a search. My bet for some of the missing is they simply changed IDs and continue similar posting styles. Could be. Maybe.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts

The "what oil & filter" questions alone are enough to drive the sane to insanity's brink!

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I do use search, and I do often, I get many results that seem to make the search results more confusing and useless. It would be much easier to simply make a post and hope someone will give real help and I can filter out the sarcastic posts about how stooped and useless my post was to really solve my problem.

Many non-mechanics do not know how to ask their search questions because they do not know the problem. Like the problem about door locks. Is it a lock problem? A key problem? A computer problem? What search question do I ask if I don't even know my problem? That is where experienced members can guide newbies without knowledge.

Edited to add: Something that could make life some easier is to have those "simple/repetitive" questions saved somewhere. If not on the favorites pages of regulars that truly want to help but on a Frequently Asked Questions page locked at the top of sections. A regular that does a quick copy/paste of that helpful link could find a newbie friend.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Back on topic:

As far as the membership is concerned....it's a continuously changing list. Some just get tired of it and leave. Some die! And some get out of their Kia Soul and opt for another brand. One ex-member I know of, got his Soul totaled and replaced it with a Mustang.
And, at least one troublemaker got Banned!

So ya jus never know. Nothing stays the same forever. Eh?

:cool:

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Back on topic:

As far as the membership is concerned....it's a continuously changing list. Some just get tired of it and leave. Some die! And some get out of their Kia Soul and opt for another brand. One ex-member I know of, got his Soul totaled and replaced it with a Mustang.
And, at least one troublemaker got Banned!

So ya jus never know. Nothing stays the same forever. Eh?

:cool:
Well, tech-eh, hamster, you have some nutty statements sometimes but you are certainly entertaining, and I'm glad you didn't die :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts